What happens if I apply next cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dutchie000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My transcripts are taking forever to get in from the school I studied abroad at as well as (surprisingly) my home university despite requesting them weeks ago. In addition to that dilemma, I'm not anticipating a high MCAT score. In the case that I decide to push my application to next cycle, would the transcripts I did send in be saved for the next round, or would I actually have to submit my application and be verified for them to be saved until next year?

Also, for anyone who decided to push back their application for whatever reason, how did you deal with your LOR writers? Did you explain to them what happened/did you have them update their letter for you?

I just want to have everything as close to perfection as possible when I submit. While I want to apply this year to finally move on with my life I realize it's pointless if my application isn't strong and my chances are low.

Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

My transcripts are taking forever to get in from the school I studied abroad at as well as (surprisingly) my home university despite requesting them weeks ago. In addition to that dilemma, I'm not anticipating a high MCAT score. In the case that I decide to push my application to next cycle, would the transcripts I did send in be saved for the next round, or would I actually have to submit my application and be verified for them to be saved until next year?

Also, for anyone who decided to push back their application for whatever reason, how did you deal with your LOR writers? Did you explain to them what happened/did you have them update their letter for you?

I just want to have everything as close to perfection as possible when I submit. While I want to apply this year to finally move on with my life I realize it's pointless if my application isn't strong and my chances are low.

Thanks for your advice!

I filled out an application last year, but did not submit. It resulted in me having to resubmit my transcripts because they were not saved, however, everything else rolled over from last year. I collected my letters last year via Interfolio, and most schools will accept letters up to 2 years old. I added a letter this year, and then am utilizing the 3 from last year, too.

It is still pretty early in the cycle, so I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. If your MCAT doesn't turn out the way you want to and you are in a position to retake in July/August it wouldn't necessarily be the death of your application pending your GPAs/ECs. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I filled out an application last year, but did not submit. It resulted in me having to resubmit my transcripts because they were not saved, however, everything else rolled over from last year. I collected my letters last year via Interfolio, and most schools will accept letters up to 2 years old. I added a letter this year, and then am utilizing the 3 from last year, too.

It is still pretty early in the cycle, so I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. If your MCAT doesn't turn out the way you want to and you are in a position to retake in July/August it wouldn't necessarily be the death of your application pending your GPAs/ECs. Good Luck!

:) thanks, I have definitely considered a retake to try and apply this year still but these months are jam packed with trips and family events. Do you know whether or not if you submit this year it'll save for next year, or does it not save at all even if you get verified?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the AACOMAS instructions, if submitted and verified in the immediate cycle before you do not have to send in new transcripts. Everything else would roll over as well.

Reactions: 1 user

Do you by any chance know which schools don't accept letters up to 2 years old? One of my letters will be 2 years old.