What happens if you miss the call that is to take you off the waiting list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigbirdo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wait-listed at several schools now, and I am waiting for acceptance phone calls from them very very very badly. However, phone reception is sometimes pretty bad in my school. In some of my classrooms, there is no signal at all. If miss the phone calls, are they going to leave a message or they will just move to the next person on the waiting list?

Members don't see this ad.

I really doubt they would just move on the waitlist immediately if you miss a phone call. A person who is offered admission from the wait-list needs time to decide to after all (and to get money for deposit and what not). So when they decide to accept you, they give you a set amount of time; until that time is up, that spot is reserved for you. Past a certain month, that'd be 15 days instead of 30 days. And so forth (exact timing is on the adea website. Towards the end tho, who knows.

Last edited:
have schools told you that you are on the waiting list? or are you just assuming because you were neither accepted or denied?

I have been accepted to 2 places, and waitlisted at 1 school, but have not heard anything from another 2 schools. Do I assume I am waitlisted at them as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am wait-listed at several schools now, and I am waiting for acceptance phone calls from them very very very badly. However, phone reception is sometimes pretty bad in my school. In some of my classrooms, there is no signal at all. If miss the phone calls, are they going to leave a message or they will just move to the next person on the waiting list?

You have to be ****ting me.

Reactions: 1 users

Voicemail/email/call again later...