What happens if you request an interview date change at NOVA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roger2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Have an interview schedule conflict and may have to reschedule at NOVA. Anyone been down this road? I've been told they give you a BIG HASSLE and then PUT YOU AT THE END OF THE INTERVIEW LIST and hold this against you when you are evaluated. I would never even consider requesting a change. However, today I was offered an interview at my state school, UMDNJSOM. (unexpected but good news) The cost would be considerably lower if I attended in state although an interview is NOT an automatic acceptance so I'm not saying good by to dreams of medical school in sunny Florida yet. Wish I had some idea of my what an interview of 11/5 might mean. Is it early, fairly early, not early, or am I already behind a long line of interviewees? Does anyone know if they've given many acceptances out yet? Thanks for answering any of my questions. I really don't want to kill my chances there - it's a GREAT school.

------------------

rog

[This message has been edited by roger2004 (edited October 16, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

Your interview is fairly early (11/5). I think you can ask for a change of date but you may be rescheduled for a much later date.

I don't believe you will have disadvantage merely changing your date of interview.

Good luck

Thanks Henry,
you have a good answer for me again! Don't you think if they give me a MUCH later interview date however, it would stand to reason that there would have been those many more acceptances offered by that time. I will make the call after I speak to them and get details when they could have me come in if I cancel my first interview date. You haven't heard they give you a hassle over changeing an interview date or consider it a negative in considering your application? I guess that is good news. I'd never even consider changeing the date except for the fact that it is my state school and the costs are considerably lower. Thanks again. If you have any other information on the ongoing interview process at NOVA or how acceptances are going please let me know. And again , thank you for your invaluable information regarding the programs at NOVA. I do greatly appreciate your effort to be helpful.

------------------

rog