What happens if you commit to a DO school then withdraw later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenbannan4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am fortunate enough to have been accepted to a few DO schools late in the game and was planning on taking my visits to them mid next week. However, I just got notified yesterday by one of the schools that I HAD to commit to them by this coming Monday.

They had never told me this before and this is my first time seeing this date. I obviously don't want to lose this acceptance, but I also don't want to commit before at least visiting or really weighing my options.

Is there some type of negative backlash I would get if I committed to that school to save my A and later on after my visits realized that I would rather go elsewhere and decommit?

Members don't see this ad.

So I am fortunate enough to have been accepted to a few DO schools late in the game and was planning on taking my visits to them mid next week. However, I just got notified yesterday by one of the schools that I HAD to commit to them by this coming Monday.

They had never told me this before and this is my first time seeing this date. I obviously don't want to lose this acceptance, but I also don't want to commit before at least visiting or really weighing my options.

Is there some type of negative backlash I would get if I committed to that school to save my A and later on after my visits realized that I would rather go elsewhere and decommit?
I don’t think at this point you can hold two DO acceptances. I think schools are automatically notified and will give you a certain amount of days before withdrawing you.
9F979905-4B6B-4946-8F66-14DE321F8DBC.png