• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
Jan 4, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I received a letter of rec. from a physician so I contacted Interfolio to check that it was signed (since it's a confidential letter), and they told me it has the physician's name, title, etc. typed at the bottom and his title, office address, and phone at the top. I have been unable to contact him because he is out of the country and this is the only thing I have holding me back from submitting my secondary apps. What happens when a school receives a letter with a typed signature at the bottom but not handwritten? Should I go ahead and submit?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I received a letter of rec. from a physician so I contacted Interfolio to check that it was signed (since it's a confidential letter), and they told me it has the physician's name, title, etc. typed at the bottom and his title, office address, and phone at the top. I have been unable to contact him because he is out of the country and this is the only thing I have holding me back from submitting my secondary apps. What happens when a school receives a letter with a typed signature at the bottom but not handwritten? Should I go ahead and submit?

Thanks for any advice you may have.
submit

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.