What if I have already accepted...

Started by Mask667
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mask667

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...and sent in the check, but decide to accept an offer somewhere else. Lets say I accepted at Buffalo, but then I accept an offer somewhere else as well (send the check and all). Can I do that?

Mask667
 
yeah...but you'll lose that deposit you made at buffalo. send something to buffalo in writing (via e-mail or snail mail) explaining your new intentions so they may offer your seat to someone else.

jb!🙂
 
...and sent in the check, but decide to accept an offer somewhere else. Lets say I accepted at Buffalo, but then I accept an offer somewhere else as well (send the check and all). Can I do that?

Mask667

You were excited about UB. What gives?...and why isn't my picture your avatar? 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...and sent in the check, but decide to accept an offer somewhere else. Lets say I accepted at Buffalo, but then I accept an offer somewhere else as well (send the check and all). Can I do that?

Mask667

did you get into UNC mask? if you did...we're going to be classmates😀
 
No guys, I haven't gotten in anywhere yet, but I just wanted to know if that would be a wrong thing to do. It's just that the location of the other schools where I have applied, have religious congregations. Living in NC, I travel once a month to Virginia for that, we are supposed to attend everyday. In Buffalo, I would have to travel to Toronto. At this point I am still attending Buffalo (a very nice school), but my dad wanted me to try the other schools.

Mask667
 
No guys, I haven't gotten in anywhere yet, but I just wanted to know if that would be a wrong thing to do. It's just that the location of the other schools where I have applied, have religious congregations. Living in NC, I travel once a month to Virginia for that, we are supposed to attend everyday. In Buffalo, I would have to travel to Toronto. At this point I am still attending Buffalo (a very nice school), but my dad wanted me to try the other schools.

Mask667

It's not necessarily a "wrong" thing to do. You should just inform which ever school you're not choosing of this so that they can give someone else a seat. And just make sure you make a decision and let schools know of this by May 1st - otherwise you risk the possibility of losing your spot at both.
 
if you decide to go anywhere else besides buffalo, you can get your deposit back from buffalo anytime before 4/1 i think. Thats one great plus about UB, they are the only school I've heard of that allows their deposit to be refunded. You probably just need to call or email barbara at UB and she will give you your money back.