What if you rarely get interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

especial

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a senior in college who's applied to dental schools in 2014-15 cycle.
I applied to total seven schools nyu, columbia, upenn, temple, bu, vcu, and case.
I've received only one invite so far, and that only interview last week.
my stats are 3.53 science and overall gpa, 23 AA 24 TS 21 PAT.
I know my gpa is just on the average, but my grades only shows upward trend.
I'm kind of getting worried..
I'm from virginia attending college in nyc.
I have shadowing and volunteering experiences as well as a few leadership positions.

I felt like I needed to initiate some sort of communication with my schools,
to show that I would really like to have a chance with their interviews.
Is it okay if I call them to ask them how they are doing with my application?
My applications for most of them were completed around mid July, so I wasn't so late either..

What do you guys suggest?
Thanks for any comment!

Members don't see this ad.

Applying to seven schools is a mistake even with your stats. Unless its difficult financially, I would suggest you apply to more schools. Or wait it out and apply to post-bacc programs or dentistry related jobs for a gap year.

There is still plenty of time to be invited for an interview. I think its too early to be worried right now.

Applying to seven schools is a mistake even with your stats. Unless its difficult financially, I would suggest you apply to more schools. Or wait it out and apply to post-bacc programs or dentistry related jobs for a gap year.

There is still plenty of time to be invited for an interview. I think its too early to be worried right now.
I thought 7 schools is the average.....

Members don't see this ad :)
7 will probably be enough. Just relax.

Psssh what? Your GPA is not average. Those stats are good enough to get you in to all those schools. You should have applied to more schools though. I think you'll be fine.