What is better? A job in dental assisting or an shadowing/internship with a dent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Parichan28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am currently in a huge dilemma right now. I recently got offered a part time job as a dental assistant where my dentist will be shadowing me to teach me and force me to immerse myself to work on patients while I got another offer where another dental clinic wants to me to be part of their shadowing/internship, so they call it. As obtuse as this may sounds, which one is better? I never really have shadowed yet so I do not really know what is in an internship/ shadowing of a dentist. Are these things similar in any way?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone.

I am currently in a huge dilemma right now. I recently got offered a part time job as a dental assistant where my dentist will be shadowing me to teach me and force me to immerse myself to work on patients while I got another offer where another dental clinic wants to me to be part of their shadowing/internship, so they call it. As obtuse as this may sounds, which one is better? I never really have shadowed yet so I do not really know what is in an internship/ shadowing of a dentist. Are these things similar in any way?

If you can get paid and get dental experience... this seems like a no brainer. Assist!

Assisting no doubt about it. Can't beat the money and hands in experience!