What is considered an "early submission"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sp1997

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am wondering until what date are you still considered an early applicant? I won't be able to get in a few things such as my transcripts and personal statement in by June 5th. Would (hopefully) having everything in by July 1st be early?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all! I am wondering until what date are you still considered an early applicant? I won't be able to get in a few things such as my transcripts and personal statement in by June 5th. Would (hopefully) having everything in by July 1st be early?
yes.

Reactions: 1 user
Everything before August is considered early. Think about it, you can't submit transcripts until mid-May when you have an AADSAS profile. It takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks to verify your GPA. Then, after you submit, AADSAS takes another week or so before forwarding your application to schools. Then you have to write supplemental essays.

Don't stress about rushing to the finish line first. First round of interview invites don't go out until late August/September, so as long as it's in before that, you are still okay!

Members don't see this ad :)
Source:

Attachments

• adea app late vs early.PNG
    adea app late vs early.PNG
    123.8 KB · Views: 146
I am really nervous about this early submission and increasing chance of getting in. My DAT date is set for July 19 so probably won't how everything finalize till August. Would that decrease my chance significantly? I have ok GPA and not sure about DAT, still studying.

I am really nervous about this early submission and increasing chance of getting in. My DAT date is set for July 19 so probably won't how everything finalize till August. Would that decrease my chance significantly? I have ok GPA and not sure about DAT, still studying.
Do your best to crush the DAT. Try to have everything else done so that the DAT is the only thing left for your app. DAT scores will take about 2-3 weeks to be processed through AADSAS, so your application will be complete late July which is still not that bad. I took the DAT on August 10th and scores were processed on August 22nd. Out of 9 schools I had 4 interviews and 3 acceptances. So it's definitely doable, just make sure everything else is done, and crush the DAT.

Does it matter, as a reapplicant with the DAT and transcripts already in the system, to apply June 5th or June 12th?

The higher the gpa and dat scores, the later the application can be submitted.