1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

What is considered applying early?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by juan7677, Jun 5, 2002.

1. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I plan to submit my application at the end of this month. Is this still early? I'm wondering b/c I would like to be w/in the first pool of applicants to have a better chance of getting in.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iflossdaily

iflossdaily Membership Revoked
    Removed

I sent everything to AADSAS, including letters of rec., in mid-may last year. The AADSAS number that is assigned to you is given in the order your app. is received. I was somewhere in the low teens and I was invited to 4 schools for interviews BEFORE taking my DATs...and no, my GPA wasn't great. I just happened to be in the pile of applications that are sent very early--first interview cycle. They also take their time in processing your application so you don't want to wait until they have a ton of apps to process.
    I'd recommend sending the stuff in ASAP, even if you're DAT isn't scheduled until Sept.