what is considered to be a good LOR for character reference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering

Members don't see this ad.

A world renowned MD (preferably nobel laureate) saying you are in the top 5% of medical students they have known and they are confident that the obstacles of medical school and beyond are well within your stride.

hehe sorry, wasnt specific

i meant character reference

i have 2 from faculty members, 1 from a hospital chaplain for character reference

Members don't see this ad :)
Um...I don't know. Your volunteer coordinator? Your boss?

What school wants a character reference? Isn't that part of the whole LOR situation anyway?? :confused:

jackieMD2007 said:
Um...I don't know. Your volunteer coordinator? Your boss?

What school wants a character reference? Isn't that part of the whole LOR situation anyway?? :confused:
UF wants a personal character reference, guessin somethin like a friend or a roommate...

I was wondering about UF. Why do they need a letter from a peer?

i thought all ur non-academic lors are supposed to talk about ur characters?

If someone can't attest to your character, then they're probably not a good person to ask for a letter.

Jefferson has this program for people wanting to go into rural family practice in PA. i thought, great, that's my goal exactly. then I see the application requirements: three LOR from community leaders in my home county. WTF? OK, first of all, haven't lived there ina few years. Second of all, I wasn't connected with ANY "community leaders". Who is? I've got three prof LORs since i went to school there. bah. oh well...