• It's our birthday!

Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

what is considered to be a good LOR for character reference?

jillibean

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
  1. Pre-Medical
    A world renowned MD (preferably nobel laureate) saying you are in the top 5% of medical students they have known and they are confident that the obstacles of medical school and beyond are well within your stride.

About the Ads

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
    10+ Year Member
    Nov 16, 2004
    With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Jefferson has this program for people wanting to go into rural family practice in PA. i thought, great, that's my goal exactly. then I see the application requirements: three LOR from community leaders in my home county. WTF? OK, first of all, haven't lived there ina few years. Second of all, I wasn't connected with ANY "community leaders". Who is? I've got three prof LORs since i went to school there. bah. oh well...

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.