What is (or was) you first year COA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaya97

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those who are incoming D1's, what are you estimating your cost of attendance for D1 year will be for you and those who have already gone through D1, what was your budgeted COA and how accurate was your budget to the actual amount?

Members don't see this ad.

Going to NYU - mandatory fees are just above 100k this year. Got me a house for about $1400 a month so i'm estimating about 130k a year. Thank lord I ain't takin out any loans though.

Reactions: 1 user
Total COA D1 65k

Disclaimer
1. My housing is about 450/mo including utilities but is covered my family so I saved about 6k
2. I saved up a little bit during my off years so next year I am looking at around 70-75k

Total COA over 4 years ~280k

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Going to NYU - mandatory fees are just above 100k this year. Got me a house for about $1400 a month so i'm estimating about 130k a year. Thank lord I ain't takin out any loans though.
Some schools, like NYU, need to be boycotted until they lower rates. Those kinds of prices put students at a huge disadvantage.

Total COA D1 65k

Disclaimer
1. My housing is about 450/mo including utilities but is covered my family so I saved about 6k
2. I saved up a little bit during my off years so next year I am looking at around 70-75k

Total COA over 4 years ~280k
If I recall, you’re going to LECOM. I just received my interview, how do you rate the pressure or intensity?

If I recall, you’re going to LECOM. I just received my interview, how do you rate the pressure or intensity?

Are you taking about the interview or the classes.
As far interview it was pretty laid back but it is a group interview so make sure to stand out as much as possible.
As far as classes we just started, couldnt really say. So far not bad but we just finished orientation week have not start full course load yet

Are you taking about the interview or the classes.
As far interview it was pretty laid back but it is a group interview so make sure to stand out as much as possible.
As far as classes we just started, couldnt really say. So far not bad but we just finished orientation week have not start full course load yet
Yeah I was referring to interviews. Thanks.

My total COA for Buffalo 2014-2018
D1 56k
D2 58k
D3 58k
D4 56k
I was able to live well under the estimated total expenses by having a roommate, limiting how much I went out/ate out, not going on any vacations that required flying, limiting purchases. Also applied for and got about $15k of scholarships throughout the 4 years

Edit: to be fair, i should also mention that I spent between $5-8k (not sure exactly) of saved $ on residency application/interview travel. Also had the luxury of being on my parents phone plan :horns:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
82k all said and done at BU. Granted, that's only tuition and fees - I work part-time to cover my living expenses. They also budgeted out housing to like $1500 a month, but you can find places close to campus on craigslist for ~$800.

Last edited:
82k all said and done at BU. Granted, that's only tuition and fees - I work part-time to cover my living expenses. They also budgeted out housing to like $1500 a month, but you can find places close to campus on craigslist for ~$800.

do you have time to work? I want to find a job, but I am just afraid if I can manage it.