kamandsam

10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
California
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I was an environmental science major in Undergrad, my brother has since shown me the light that is dentistry. I am curious about what is considered science. I am unsure of the following: Conservation biology, ecology, geography, geology, water resources management, land-use planning, introduction to environmental science, geographic information systems (GIS), calculus.

Thanks!

kamandsam

10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
California
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
And also, is the science GPA regarded more highly than cumulative? My science GPA is about 3.7, whereas non-science (thanks to economics) is more like a 2.8.

About the Ads

DrDDSman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Dental Student
I was an environmental science major in Undergrad, my brother has since shown me the light that is dentistry. I am curious about what is considered science. I am unsure of the following: Conservation biology, ecology, geography, geology, water resources management, land-use planning, introduction to environmental science, geographic information systems (GIS), calculus.

Thanks!
Bold are definitely considered science

underline...you should check with AADSAS

somethinpositiv

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2008
Status
Dental Student
And also, is the science GPA regarded more highly than cumulative? My science GPA is about 3.7, whereas non-science (thanks to economics) is more like a 2.8.
Whether science GPA is regarded more highly than cumulative GPA is up for debate, they are both very important. However, your non-science GPA alone is hardly important.

kamandsam

10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
California
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I did a bit of research and found that geology is definitely science and that con bio mosy likely science as well. The others are to be determined. That is for your help.

About the Ads