What is the best source for practice problems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AOT11

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear a lot of people saying TBR but I recently discovered TPR workbook. What would you guys recommend (especially for bio)?

TPR Science workbooks or TBR passages?

I've been stuck at the 27-29 range and I feel like the best way to jump up to the low-mid 30s is to do practice rather than more content review.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
BR is the best source but TPR is good as well. What you might want to do is start out with TPR science workbook passages and do those until you are fairly comfortable (for example, consistently missing 1 question/passage). Then you can move on to BR passages which will be the best preparation for the MCAT. Try to do all of the BR passages as they are very good, and use TPR more as a tool to get you warmed up and comfortable. If you are still having some difficulties with the basics, the EK 1001 series (except for bio) is great for drilling and making sure you know the main ideas. The EK 1001s do not have passages. Also, when you are doing passages try to limit yourself to 6-7 min/passage. When you review your mistakes make sure to look at both the questions you got right and the questions you got wrong.
This thread is wonderful and may help: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=623898

I hear a lot of people saying TBR but I recently discovered TPR workbook. What would you guys recommend (especially for bio)?

TPR Science workbooks or TBR passages?

I've been stuck at the 27-29 range and I feel like the best way to jump up to the low-mid 30s is to do practice rather than more content review.
Uhhh... how about the practice exams from the people that ACTUALLY MAKE the REAL mcat... the AAMC exams that were the real deal in the past? ... Just throwing that out there