What is the deal with UMKC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodhorse22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howcome University of Missouri- Kansas City is not on AMCAS anymore? I went online and found out that they want a completed application mailed directly to them. I am applying for the regular 4 year MD program. What is the catch here? They want a personal statement written that is directed for their school. Is it even worth applying? THanks

Members don't see this ad.

Are you aware that UMKC's program is geared primarily towards high school seniors? It's a six year accelerated MA/MD curriculum whose merits are sometimes questioned. If you're already in college, you are simply applying to make up for attrition. That's probably why they've opted out of AMCAS and make you deal with them directly.

Are you aware that UMKC's program is geared primarily towards high school seniors? It's a six year accelerated MA/MD curriculum whose merits are sometimes questioned. If you're already in college, you are simply applying to make up for attrition. That's probably why they've opted out of AMCAS and make you deal with them directly.

To add to that, if i'm not mistaken... students that aren't in the 6 year track actually go through a 4.5 year cycle and start sometime in winter.