What is the longest time you’ve waited to get a rejection from a school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhD_to_DO

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
5C21184E-62A7-4137-8611-E43BB6A1F72D.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bahaha! I'm still waiting on my rejection from Albany...and I'm almost done with M1 at a different school lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll wager that some schools never tell their people that rejected.
I can agree with that; there were five or six schools that never let me know anything after acknowledging receipt of my secondary and fee. SMH 🤦🏾

Bahaha! I'm still waiting on my rejection from Albany...and I'm almost done with M1 at a different school lol
🤣🤣🤣 I mean how hard is it to say SOMETHING to the applicant???

There are multiple schools that I applied to several years ago that never responded with final emails (including one where I was updated as waitlist to interview, which was a uniquely bizarre limbo update in its own right). Then there's Burns in Hawaii that automatically rejects mainlanders upon receipt of their $econdary fee.

Med school admissions. What a world.

Reactions: 2 users
I got a snail mail med school rejection the day before my first gross anatomy exam in MS1.

6 years on, I have yet to hear from a faculty job that flew me out for an interview.
My wife applied for a faculty role back in ‘06. She was offered the position and then… ghosted. No call back about the start date and they ignored all of her calls/emails… My experience was like yours. Was flown out to interview for a director/asst prof role at a small liberal arts college in Cali. Thought it went well and had they offered the position, I’d have taken that instead of starting medical school. Didn’t hear a thing after the interview… Going on a year and a half now. 🤷🏾‍♂️

If it makes y'all feel any better, I have yet to hear from CSU-Long Beach about a faculty job I interviewed for some 20+ years ago.
Pls show up and be like "well, y'all never told me that I -wasn't- hired."

I remember getting a rejection letter from one LECOM campus (had been waitlisted) while an OMS1 at another campus. Confusingly (and, slightly alarmingly for a moment), sent to my LECOM email.

Vermont never sent a rejection either year I applied. Wayne State sent a rejection after I already withdrew my app and rejected them. Colorado rejected me twice.

Still waiting on my ccom rejection. Marion rejected me twice. They needed to make sure I had no self esteem.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Damn brother, that’s brutal…
Meh. Now that I’m out, I can say 1) I did great where I went and might’ve done worse somewhere else and 2) I would’ve made their match list look good. Their loss.

A nice practice run of what to expect when residency/fellowship applications come around. Makes sense

Still waiting for my rejection from the medical school I’m currently a graduating residency at.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Back in college, I went to an interview for Nova Southeastern (NSU) - nice campus, nice people. Interview went well. Didn't hear anything for a couple months, which I thought was normal (it was back then as it is now to not hear for months post interview). A couple months went by and I got a phone call from the admission office wondering why I never responded and that it was unprofessional for me not to respond. I was quite confused, telling them I have no idea what they were talking about since I never heard from them (either phone, email, snail mail, etc). Turns out I was accepted, they sent the acceptance letter via snail mail, and it haven't arrived yet. Was able to sort out that misunderstanding, accepted the offer (it was my first med school acceptance, no deposit required back in the those days). Ultimately didn't go (got accepted to another school which was my first choice - and I did let NSU know so that someone else can have my spot) .... roughly a year after my NSU interview I finally received that acceptance letter that was mailed 11 months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Your profile pic fits your statement