What is the salary range of optometrist in Houston?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passion fool

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of choosing an optometry as my career. I have two questions to ask. Please help me.

1. Can anybody tell me what is the salary range of an optometrist in general and in Houston, TX?
2. Where do they usually ending up working? Hospital or private industry or somewhere else?

I appreciate.

TW

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you worried about specific salary data when you are this early in your decision making process? You should decide whether or not the profession is appealing to you, whether you make 60k$ a year or 200k$ should not influence
your choice. Either is enough to get by.

[/rant]

Houston is possibly the worst area of the U.S. to practice optometry in as far as money is concerned, according to the salary data.

http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/55.html

This data is taken from the bureau of labor statistics, so you can assume it's fairly accurate.

Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, there is probably more of a need for law enforcement or FBI in Houston.:mad:

I am thinking of choosing an optometry as my career. I have two questions to ask. Please help me.

1. Can anybody tell me what is the salary range of an optometrist in general and in Houston, TX?
2. Where do they usually ending up working? Hospital or private industry or somewhere else?

I appreciate.

TW

You might as well relocate to Greensboro, N.C. following the completion of your OD.