What is the worst thing you've done to your fellow premeds...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Worst thing that you can do to a fellow premed:

Not withdrawing from the half-dozens other schools to which you were accepted, thereby ensuring an agonizing year-long wait for all of your fellow future colleagues on the alternate list.

I second that!

Members don't see this ad.

People in my orgo lab were always moving pipetts around trying to contaminate other people's experiments.:mad:

People in my orgo lab were always moving pipetts around trying to contaminate other people's experiments.:mad:
What? Pipettors? Or the pipette tips? I'm confused, and even if that were the case, what the hell are you going to contaminate it with? Air? You're in an organic chem lab, not a microbiology/bio lab.

Honestly, I'm picturing someone taking everyones pipette tips and dipping them in trinitrotuolene for everyone and laughing maniacally.:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
One time, this kid did .5% better on me in an orgo test, so I took him out back after class. Let's just say it'll be hard to do that again while eating through a straw.

Does burping in their faces and shoving them down count?

What? Pipettors? Or the pipette tips? I'm confused, and even if that were the case, what the hell are you going to contaminate it with? Air? You're in an organic chem lab, not a microbiology/bio lab.

Honestly, I'm picturing someone taking everyones pipette tips and dipping them in trinitrotuolene for everyone and laughing maniacally.:smuggrin:

. . .or maybe dipping the pipettes in water for a grignard reaction.

Homicide .... when kids mess up my curve they seem to have 'accidents.' :laugh:

Excellent :thumbup:

I haven't done, or plan on doing, anything like some of the stories in this thread. It would suck pretty hard to go to an undergrad school with people like that.

what...are you serious?
that is...wow...sooo stupid. punch them in the face

Dude no way haha!! In my micro class this kid that sat next to me would copy every test I had and cheated his way to an A in lecture (I found out all this two days before the final from a mutual friend). So then on the day of the final exam I filled in the scantron entirely backwards (correct answer A= I'd write D, B=C, etc.). When he got up I went back and filled it in right.

Turns out he got a 27% on the final. I felt bad at first but he had it coming haha.

Man, first semester freshman year there was this SMOKING hot girl in my Calculus I class that used to cheat off my friend and I. She'd sit in between us during the test and copy off of both of us, and she had an illegal calculator for that course but nobody noticed because the lecture hall had like 500 people during test time. Anyways, whenever my answer didn't match up with my friends (which it usually did, since we both did well in that class), she would use her handy-dandy calculator and get the right answer.

Anyways, we both found out she had an A going into the final, whereas we were at high B's. On final day, when we walked in, she flashed us a big smile and indicated she saved the seats by her for us. We just rolled right by her and sat in the front row of the lecture hall. We both ended with A's, and her grade dropped down to a C/C-. Justice was served that day. :thumbup:

Man, first semester freshman year there was this SMOKING hot girl in my Calculus I class that used to cheat off my friend and I. She'd sit in between us during the test and copy off of both of us, and she had an illegal calculator for that course but nobody noticed because the lecture hall had like 500 people during test time. Anyways, whenever my answer didn't match up with my friends (which it usually did, since we both did well in that class), she would use her handy-dandy calculator and get the right answer.

Anyways, we both found out she had an A going into the final, whereas we were at high B's. On final day, when we walked in, she flashed us a big smile and indicated she saved the seats by her for us. We just rolled right by her and sat in the front row of the lecture hall. We both ended with A's, and her grade dropped down to a C/C-. Justice was served that day. :thumbup:

hahahaha, hilarious. however, justice technically wasn't served, though. you and your friend should also have gotten Cs since you cheated by having her to use her calc. to get the hard problems. you didn't cheat as much as her, but you still cheated. it would have been awesome if all 3 of you got Cs lololol...i guess nothing's perfect tho

hahahaha, hilarious. however, justice technically wasn't served, though. you and your friend should also have gotten Cs since you cheated by having her to use her calc. to get the hard problems. you didn't cheat as much as her, but you still cheated. it would have been awesome if all 3 of you got Cs lololol...i guess nothing's perfect tho

I think she was copying off them, and when they didn't match, she'd use the calculator. From how I read it, they didn't even look at her paper, otherwise, they wouldn't have had a lower grade going into the final; all 3 would have the same grade if they were copying off of her too.

I think she was copying off them, and when they didn't match, she'd use the calculator. From how I read it, they didn't even look at her paper, otherwise, they wouldn't have had a lower grade going into the final; all 3 would have the same grade if they were copying off of her too.

oohh, yea you're right. misread it. okay, justice served haha

Really? You guys have never been victims of fellow neurotic premeds? Man, I guess it depends a lot on the school. I go to school in Canada, and its pretty bad here.

3. I hate to admit that I've badmouthed some people to the prof in order to get better marks :rolleyes: (bell-curving is the rule here, and a 1% difference between two people may become 5% very quickly depending on how the class performs).

No, it really isn't. I've never once seen this sort of behavior up here. It just seems that you're rationalizing your own douchebaggery, with said douchebaggery quoted above for emphasis.

I've never noticed stuff like that at my school. I tend to stay away from most other premeds though- I'm not in premed club, don't sit next to them in class, etc, I really just do my own thing. And I am so far from a gunner its not even funny (just look at my grades:thumbdown:)

I never had to deal with crazed premeds trying to sabotage me, nor did I ever consider screwing anyone over for my benefit. Anyone who tried that crap on me would get a healthy dose of my boot in his/her butt.

For me, this thread is like that ex whom you had an ugly and awkward break up with and completely regret ever knowing.

Come on guys, I admit what was said above was a little mean, but you gotta understand the situation.