What is your DREAM Medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StayingFocused

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What medical school is your Top Choice and what year are you?

Me:
University of Pittsburgh = #1
Sophomore Biochem Major

Members don't see this ad.

I'm only a freshman, so I'm not dead set on anything.

But I must admit, I find the idea of northern New England (i.e. UVM or Dartmouth or Tufts Maine Track) alluring. I've wanted to move north for a long time now. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
My Dream school is Wash U but I don't have the grade nor the amazing experience required for that school.

I would also love to go to Drexel....

Harvard, but that's probably because I was conditioned to be biased towards Harvard since I was a little girl.

My dream medical school is the one that accepts me :)

Stanford...amazing opportunities in the two fields that I love...Medicine and Computer Science.

As an Ohio resident, Ohio State was my top choice going in to this past cycle. Didn't even get an interview. Oh well, I have other options.

Hollywood Upstairs School of Medicology

I hear they teach amazing ways to induce obesity :D

Last edited:
Screw HMS/Wash U/UCSF

My 1st choice:

6a00d834204f4053ef0111688ed082970c-500wi

Members don't see this ad :)
+1....i'm gonna throw UCLA on that list for me as well

vandy waitlists everyone who doesn't get accepted post-interview
Oh...

Medical schools are like passive aggressive facebook people that leave you in friend-request limbo.

Oh...

Medical schools are like passive aggressive facebook people that leave you in friend-request limbo.

lol....some waitlists are ok to be on. WashU takes about 50 off and UCLA usually takes about half of their class off..... others like Vanderbilt....they take maybe 10 off out of 600+ (number i'm guessing of waitlisted people)

but yes, that is a great way to describe it.... except with the difference being that the result of your "friend-request" could impact the rest of your life/future. lol. i feel i have lost some of this desire to become "friends" with those I have "requested" haha

lol....some waitlists are ok to be on. WashU takes about 50 off and UCLA usually takes about half of their class off..... others like Vanderbilt....they take maybe 10 off out of 600+ (number i'm guessing of waitlisted people)

but yes, that is a great way to describe it.... except with the difference being that the result of your "friend-request" could impact the rest of your life/future. lol. i feel i have lost some of this desire to become "friends" with those I have "requested" haha

Dammit, GW, I don't care about your stupid farm!

Harvard
NYU
NYMC
UCSD
UCLA
COM, Arizona
Univ. VA
Univ. Mass
Univ Texas
Any other med schools in an area with nice weather

2nd year pre-med

Harvard
NYU
NYMC
UCSD
UCLA
COM, Arizona

Univ. VA
Univ. Mass
Univ Texas

2nd year pre-med

woot!

you from AZ?

I was a little surprised how much this changed for me during my cycle. I got into schools 1, 4, and 5 on my initial pre-interview top 5 list and am at none of those schools... It's sort of interesting.

Wisconsin - WARM to be specific

:roflcopter:

I was a little surprised how much this changed for me during my cycle. I got into schools 1, 4, and 5 on my initial pre-interview top 5 list and am at none of those schools... It's sort of interesting.

yeah, your minds will probably all change. my #1 stayed the same, but that's about it.

Originally from LA. What can be better than waking up in a gorgeous place like AZ and going to class :love:? A slice of heaven.

haha. i've lived in az for over 22 yrs and went to school at U of A. it IS a slice of heaven. :)

UCSF had always been top spot... too bad I was swiftly rejected.

I graduated 2 years ago.

South Park FTW

I've always wanted to follow in my father's footsteps and go to Stanford - for anything (he did MBA). Here's hoping for a Stanford-med associated residency or fellowship, because hell will freeze over before I get into Stanford Med.

It was UCSF and UCLA, but alas rejected from both.

Harvard
NYU
NYMC
UCSD
UCLA
COM, Arizona
Univ. VA
Univ. Mass
Univ Texas

2nd year pre-med
unless you're gunning for md/phd i'd cross out umass. unless you like donating money to schools.

I woulda loved to go to UAMS but they didn't think I had strong enough "ties" there even though I lived there for many years before moving. You disappoint me UAMS!! Also liked but didn't get any love from UCLA.

I woulda loved to go to UAMS but they didn't think I had strong enough "ties" there even though I lived there for many years before moving. You disappoint me UAMS!! Also liked but didn't get any love from UCLA.

I'm sorry although I do like hearing how Arkansas-centric the place is. :D

All I need to do now is hire a P.I. to start watching the admissions committee. One of them has bound to be doing something he/she shouldn't, and I'll exploit it to my advantage. HAHAHAHAHA

JK ;)