TalulaTalula

"sleep when you are dead"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
31
0
cali
Status
i'll go first.

Today Sunday - review AAMC 7R, finish Orgo and Physics review
Monday - 1 timed verbal in the morning, work, Bio and Orgo practice in the evening
Tuesday - 1 timed verbal in the morning, work, Physics and Chem practice in the evening, extra time on chem
Wednesday - 1 timed verbal in the morning, work, 3 EK mini-MCAT's and review
Thursday - 1 timed verbal in the morning, work, Bio and Orgo pratice in the evening, extra time on orgo
Friday - 1 timed verbal in the morning, work, Physics and Chem practice in the evening, extra time on physics
Saturday - take AAMC 8r, review Bio
Sunday - review AAMC 8r then do something fun (ha)
Monday - 1 timed verbal in the morning, work, Bio and Orgo practice in the eveving
Tuesday - 1 timed verbal in the morning, work, Physics and Chem practice in the evening
Wednesday - take AAMC 9 (need to buy first haha)
Thursday - Review AAMC 9
Friday - do nothing MCAT-related and just relax
Saturday - put the MCAT in its place, then :sleep:

now that i've exposed my craziness, please share yours!
 

osjx-82

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2004
186
7
Status
wow...you're actually gonna take a whole day reviewing one test?

I'm just gonna do one FL each day...
the main thing I wanna get out of doing them is endurance and pacing practice...

I'll just be going over wrong answers.
 

WilliamsF1

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
8,469
1
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
AAMC 7 tomorrow, 8 Thursday, 9 Sunday. Studying a little in between, but not much.
 
About the Ads
OP
T

TalulaTalula

"sleep when you are dead"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
31
0
cali
Status
osjx-82 said:
wow...you're actually gonna take a whole day reviewing one test?

I'm just gonna do one FL each day...
the main thing I wanna get out of doing them is endurance and pacing practice...

I'll just be going over wrong answers.
When I review a practice exam, I essentially re-take the exam under a relaxed condition. I go through one passage at a time, covering right and wrong answers, taking notes of my weaknesses and strengths. I compare my answers to those from the previous day, to assess what may have attributed to a wrong answer: anxiety, a misunderstanding/lack of understanding, etc.; or even a right answer---i tend to just guess if i'm feeling overwhelmed. It takes me about 10 hours to review one FL :oops: .
 

estairella

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 7, 2006
403
1
Status
Pre-Medical
Was gonna do Kap8 today, but didn't get enough sleep last night, so shifted my schedule.

06 - Orgo 3-4, Chem 5
07 - Kap FL 8
08 - Chem 6-7, Biol 1-2
09 - Biol 3-6, dentist appointment
10 - AAMC 7
11 - Biol 7-9, Phys 1
12 - Kap 9
13 - Phys 2-5
14 - Phys 6-7
15 - AAMC 9
16-17 - memorize flashcards, equations
18 - review, relax
19 - drunk revelry... oh but first, I think there's some kinda test I have to take... :rolleyes:
 

Erina

MS-IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
1,183
0
Status
Medical Student
i just have to say that i admire those of you who are able to take practice test after practice test...i only took the 5 tests that came with the kaplan class so they were kinda spread out but by that 5th one, i was so sick of the mcat that i was afraid i'd do poorly on the real thing. you all seem so much more motivated than i was ever able to be!
 

IAdam

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
May 6, 2006
19
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Erina said:
i just have to say that i admire those of you who are able to take practice test after practice test...i only took the 5 tests that came with the kaplan class so they were kinda spread out but by that 5th one, i was so sick of the mcat that i was afraid i'd do poorly on the real thing. you all seem so much more motivated than i was ever able to be!

Thats probably due to the fact that you are taking the Kaplan exams. They seem to take a toll as they are difficult and really brain drainers. The AAMC ones seem more realistic and can spin you to the positive side. I'll be taking 7, 8, and 9 in the next 2 weeks with some studying in between - mostly notecards.
 

AWhitehair

EM PA-C. MD wannabe
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
1,293
0
Tampa, FL
Status
Non-Student
Let's see...since I tend to put more on my "to do" lists then I can usually manage in a day, I am going to make this one a little more reasonable.

Monday: Finish Ek bio book and catch up on all 1001 q's for bio and organic. Do AAMC 7 BS

Tuesday: Finish chemistry and physics EK book (1 lecture for each) and do inclass exams and 1001 problems that I have not done yet (like 6 chapters all together.) Then I will do PS and VR for AAMC 7.

Wednesday: Listen to AO for past few lectures I just did. Review AAMC 7.

Thursday: Do AAMC 8

Friday: Review AAMC 8 and work on weak areas by doing more practice problems from EK

Saturday: Do AAMC 9 with full testing conditions

Sunday: Relax and go over 9. Do EK 1001 bio book discretes for chapter 1-3.

Monday: Practice test in EK 101 VR. Do discretes in EK bio book for chapters 4-6. Review week areas in BS.

Tuesday: Do discretes in EK bio book chapter 7-9. Review week areas in PS.

Wednesday: PT in EK 101 VR. Look at orgo flash cards.
 

WilliamsF1

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
8,469
1
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
^That's a lot of work! Looks like we'll be taking AAMC 8 on the same day. :D
 

legobikes

bikes made of lego
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
242
4
Status
Medical Student


B=bio, O=orgo etc
ST=subject test
D=discretes
MCAT=AAMC full length practice test
KAPLAN=Kaplan full length

Oh and I just got my hands on EKAO, but it seems pretty dumbed down to me, and the "jokes" and sound effects are rather idiotic, plus Jon and Jordan's laughs/chuckles are patronizing and insufferable.

I'm a day behind really, plus like someone said I don't feel like doing the Kaplan FLs cause they feel too off-the-track and mind-draining.
 

brainfry

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2006
132
1
Status
MD/PhD Student
I'm doing 8 & 9, reviewing some notes I typed, and trying to FREAKING RELAX! I scored from 39 to 41 on 3 through 7 and only got a 34 in April due to nerves (but I'm not complaining, just frustrated with myself since I know I can do better). VR is my weakest section, but I don't think studying is going to help much. I've resigned myself to the fact that I have an ongoing difference of opinion with the people who wrote the answers to those passages!
 

Broccoli

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
195
1
Status
Pre-Medical
Review all EK lectures and take AAMC 7,8,9.

Would you guys recommend taking EK 1g? I'm afraid I'm going to do a lot worse on it than I do on the AAMC's.
 

WestTexasRambler

Registered lurker
10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
461
0
Hill Country
Status
Medical Student
The rest of this week....
Study Bio because I haven't touched the it yet.
Also work some more EK Chemistry and Physics problems

Saturday take 6R
Sunday - Review test
Monday - Take sciences from 7
Tuesday - Take sciences from 8
Wednesday - Take sciences from 9
Thursday - note cards and Acid Base Chemistry
Friday - Play golf, eat a huge Italian dinner, drink a glass of wine and hit the sack
 
About the Ads

harrypotter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
434
1
Visit site
Status
brainfry said:
I'm doing 8 & 9, reviewing some notes I typed, and trying to FREAKING RELAX! I scored from 39 to 41 on 3 through 7 and only got a 34 in April due to nerves (but I'm not complaining, just frustrated with myself since I know I can do better). VR is my weakest section, but I don't think studying is going to help much. I've resigned myself to the fact that I have an ongoing difference of opinion with the people who wrote the answers to those passages!
You're going to retake brainfry? G'luck this time around!! I hope you hit your target score!
 

TMP-SMX

Senior Member
Moderator Emeritus
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
3,777
129
Status
Attending Physician
Monday: Work in the lab in the morning/early afternoon. Then go through TPR's Gen Chem and Orgo. Do the 2 secondaries due on the 14th.
Tuesday: Lab work in the morning. Finish Gen Chem/Orgo. Finish remaining secondaries with a due date.
Wednesday: TPR Bio.
Thursday: Skim Kaplan book again. Finish up the rest of the secondaries I've been procrastinating on without a due date.
Friday: Finish up Kaplan skimming. Review notes I've made from studying.
Saturday: AAMC 7. Review answers.
Sunday: Review weak materials
Monday: AAMC 8. Review answers
Tuesday: Review notes and do a few writing samples. Review verbal strategies and do practice passages.
Wednesday: Probably take the day off.
Thursday: AAMC 9. Review answers.
Friday: Very light. Just AO and flashcards before bed. RELAX! Get lots of sleep.
Saturday: Eat a good breakfast and review my master condensed page of notes. Take the test and do well. :)

Note: Audio Osmosis and flashcards is what I do every night before bed.
 

tik-tik-clock

CraziiiDesiiKuriii
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
333
0
Status
WestTexasRambler said:
The rest of this week....
Study Bio because I haven't touched the it yet.
Also work some more EK Chemistry and Physics problems

Saturday take 6R
Sunday - Review test
Monday - Take sciences from 7
Tuesday - Take sciences from 8
Wednesday - Take sciences from 9
Thursday - note cards and Acid Base Chemistry
Friday - Play golf, eat a huge Italian dinner, drink a glass of wine and hit the sack
I was just curious, what's with this eating Italian dinner the night before with a lot of MCATers?
 

tik-tik-clock

CraziiiDesiiKuriii
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
333
0
Status
legobikes said:


B=bio, O=orgo etc
ST=subject test
D=discretes
MCAT=AAMC full length practice test
KAPLAN=Kaplan full length

Oh and I just got my hands on EKAO, but it seems pretty dumbed down to me, and the "jokes" and sound effects are rather idiotic, plus Jon and Jordan's laughs/chuckles are patronizing and insufferable.

I'm a day behind really, plus like someone said I don't feel like doing the Kaplan FLs cause they feel too off-the-track and mind-draining.

Mine looks similar to yours.
Instead of the Kaplan FL's what are you planning to do?
I agree with Jordan and Jon going off track sometimes, but atleast it doesnt get very montonous.. I haven't been keeping up with my AO listening though, I should probably get back to it.
GL All!!! :luck:
 

lytesnsyrens

The Phoenix...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2002
3,578
3
38
Down Under
www.facebook.com
Status
Non-Student
Ok, here's mine:

Today, Monday: Go over 4R that I took Friday
Tuesday: 5R
Wednesday: Go over 5R
Thursday: 1001 questions (Orgo and Gen Chem)
Friday: 6R
Sat/Sun: Go over 6R, review Bio
Monday: 1G (I think, it sounds pretty nasty)
Tuesday: Go over 1G
Wednesday: Tie up loose ends
Thursday: Catch my flight to Melbourne
Thursday evening: review equations
Friday: sightsee in Melbourne
Saturday: hope I don't sleep in, blow Nelly (aka MCAT) outta the water, and then cry when I realize I just got pwned.
 

Iceageheatwave

RiniMonster
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2005
303
0
35
Status
today- work then go over 6r, read the third chapter in the ek orgo book, possibly do some bio 1001 passages
tuesday- chem and physics passages from the princeton review workbook
wednesday- work, ek 4 in orgo, orgo passages via PR wbk, ek verbal test
thursday- aamc 7 then possible birthday hanging
friday- work, physics passages via PR wbk
saturday- chem and bio passages, verbal test
sunday- orgo review/passages then aamc 8
monday- bio and physics passages
tuesday- chem and orgo passages
wednesday- aamc 9 (bahh)
thursday- review of nine, do passages topics that i sucked on
friday- review of notecards, sloth about
 

TMP-SMX

Senior Member
Moderator Emeritus
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
3,777
129
Status
Attending Physician
tik-tik-clock said:
I was just curious, what's with this eating Italian dinner the night before with a lot of MCATers?
Coming from playing football in high school, we had "pasta dinners" every night before the games. (The starches are good stores of energy for the next day).
 

cerulean

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
73
0
Visit site
Status
I was going to take 6R on Wed but I realized that I still have a lot of content to finish covering (mostly bio and organic....never took organic II, i've been reading the info on them but they haven't stuck in my mind yet). At this time, I'm thinking about cramming this week and trying to make sure I get all the content covered. Take 8R on Saturday, 9R early next week (maybe Mon or Tues) and just do passages from 3R, 4R, and 6R next week.

Beforehand, I was aiming for 2 practice exams per week but doing that has slowed down my coverage of content. Timing hasn't been an issue for me thus far. Does this change in plan seem to make sense? I'm worried that I'm messing up my sleep schedule (staying up late, sleeping in, but I study more effectively late at night than I do in the morning)...but I figure that I'll have one week to readjust my sleeping schedule to 11pm-7am.
 

legobikes

bikes made of lego
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
242
4
Status
Medical Student
tik-tik-clock said:
Mine looks similar to yours.
Instead of the Kaplan FL's what are you planning to do?
I agree with Jordan and Jon going off track sometimes, but atleast it doesnt get very montonous.. I haven't been keeping up with my AO listening though, I should probably get back to it.
GL All!!! :luck:
I'll probably do a couple of Kaplans instead of all 10, but I don't really have anything to substitute for 'em.


MCAT ke aane se hoti hai kyun halchal :p
 
About the Ads