what job search firms/companies have you used after finishing residency to land a job? (hospitalist in my case)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wrkndply

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those that used a recruitment firm or job search consultant, would you be able to share which one you went with and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Don’t use recruiters. You need to contact hospitals directly in places you want to live. It’s a simple email. Ask if they are looking for any hospitalists.

Reactions: 4 users
I wholeheartedly agree it’s a waste to use a recruiter unless you’ve failed first on your own. I sent about 25 cold emails to people searching for a job (ultimately staying where I did fellowship despite all that)

for those that used a recruitment firm or job search consultant, would you be able to share which one you went with and why?

The only recruiters I would use are those hired by the hospital itself. That being said, many times, those people are without the ability to proactively send out your resume, and they wait for the chair to ask for resumes. Many of these positions are filled through inside connections, so one thing I would suggest is to start asking around your contacts (e.g. if you're a resident, fully utilize your program director, co-residents, and med school colleagues who moved to that area) as they may have an e-mail address for the person doing the hiring and a targeted e-mail will go a long way.