What magazine or newspapers should I start reading?

Started by AHossain
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AHossain

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be a freshman in college in fall and was wondering about what I should start reading to sort of help me a little for the MCAT. I've heard of a good one like "The Economist." What did you guys read?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read the economist every week. It's good to look at things from a non-American perspective although they do pour on the free market garbage a lot.
 
To be honest, The Economist is a good start but I would imagine everyone in college should be able to read at the level of the The Economist. The MCAT Verbal always includes two to three readings that are not meant for your typical public consumption.

Read some convoluted literature critiques, articles about theater, philosophy pieces, etc.

Like this: http://litthe.oxfordjournals.org/

The best way to prepare this early on is to read challenging books. Stuff you find interesting. When it comes time to do MCAT prep, you can focus on the more masochistic convoluted readings.