This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odette.rosales

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got accepted to these following Masters in Biomedical Sciences programs for Fall 2020 and would love some guidance on how to best decide which program to attend.

Ultimately, I am looking to start medical school in Fall 2021 so I am looking for a program that will best increase the chances of this happening. If you are a past or current student please let me know if you matriculated into their medical school right after finishing the program or if you would recommend it at all!

Metrics: MCAT 502 (124/126/125/127), uGPA: 3.3, med scribe (2-3k hours), physician shadowing (300 hrs), raised $50,000 for charity as the philanthropy chair for an organization at USF.

Accepted to these:
  • University of South Florida MSP3 - Guarantees interview to ACOM and VCOM with min GPA 3.3 in the program & MCAT 502.
  • Nova South Eastern University MBS - Guarantees interview to MD with min MCAT 505.
  • Midwestern University MBS (IL) - Guarantees interview to CCOM with min 3.0 GPA in the program and min MCAT 500.
  • Marian University MBS - Guarantees MU-COM interview with min 3.5 GPA for fall semester in the program and min MCAT 500.
  • Barry University MBS - Guarantees interview to ICOM and LUCOM with min 3.5 GPA & no less than 125 on each section of MCAT. * I would have to re-take MCAT. *
*Still awaiting a decision from Drexel PMS program (just interviewed) & Rosalind Franklin MBS*

I am looking for some factual information on whether these "linkage agreements" are real and if the interview is a real shot at matriculating into their medical school the following year or if the "guaranteed interviews" are mainly a lucrative way to draw students to the program.

P.S. I live in Florida.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats! I was recently accepted to both NSU and USF but I’m highly considering USF even though they don’t offer the guaranteed interview. I am also from Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to you both! Applied to NSU still waiting on a decision. Also from Florida

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I was recently accepted to both NSU and USF but I’m highly considering USF even though they don’t offer the guaranteed interview. I am also from Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long did it take to get a decision? I am still waiting on a decision.

hi! I recently got into both USF and NSU and trying to decide between them. has anyone here made their decision?