What MCAT score would I need?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

elsocio-premed

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What MCAT score would be enough for me to get into MD schools if I have a 3.8 science GPA, a 3.8 cGPA, 60+ shadowing pulmonologists, critical care doctors, a PCP (travel medicine), ~350 hours of volunteering at 2 different hospitals, good LORs, and I am a coauthor of a publication in entomology? I also volunteered taking care of plants, vegetables, and fruits that were given to homeless people.
 
Every case is different. I would not waste your time trying to find out what you need or what will help because honestly you could have good scores but a bad personal statement and LORs. I would say just focus on doing your best on the mcat and stop focusing on what is the minimum you can get.