what questions to ask at dean meet and greet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exiledasian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
S!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could always pretend to be someone you don't like (who's applying to med schools), introduce yourself to the deans, then do something dumb (Y)

is anyone going to the meet the dean conference in atl? there will be deans from a bunch of diff. schools... any tips on what to say or how to dress? do i bring my resume? arrgh i dont want to hurt my chances by leaving a bad impression

THANKS!

I do not know the specifics of the dean conference but I am assuming that it is informational for prospective med students about the admissions process. I would not bring a resume - you are not an applicant at this point. I would dress business casual, again, assuming that you are not actually being interviewed.

I doubt this conference will have any impact on your prospects for admission to any particular school, other than to make you more informed when you prepare your application. But no dean in attendance is actually going to consider you for admission at this point.

So relax and just learn as much as you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be different and memorable. 95% of the time, that will just make it seem like you're either trying way too hard or you're strange/weird.

Just be yourself. Ask smart questions. Be professional and courteous.

Ask if they'll hold going to a dean meet and greet against you

well i'm applying right now... so i want them to remember my name and give me an interview! I'm already well-versed on their admissions processes... so I dont know what types of questions to ask that are not related to "how do i get into your school" because that would be annoying right? i want to be different and memorable

You will be granted an interviw based upon the strength of your AMCAS application and your secondary. I seriously doubt that this conference will have any influence upon whether or not you are granted an interview to any particular school.

And then you will be granted acceptance based on your appearance and height. Just try to get a feel for the different schools and what makes each one slightly unique, and I'd assume most people will be wearing suits so it couldn't hurt to dress up