What schools are you applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juan7677

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to apply to about 6 schools:
UCLA,UOP,UCSF,Harvard, Boston, Columbia

But I'm from cali and so I really want to stay here and my first choice is UOP.
On my DATs i got: And GPA: 3.77
Academic-24
PAT-23
Ochem-27
G-chem-24
Bio-24
QR-25
Reading-22

what do you think are my chances of getting into UOP? I really want to go there b/c they have a strong clinical emphasis. If anyone from UOP reads this message (Or anyone else who has any idea) can you please reply.

Members don't see this ad.

if you have lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of clinical experience....i think your chances are 99% of getting an interview...and getting in after that...well that's up to you....

Juan,

I envy you. You have spectacular stats. I sent in my AADSAS stuff on the first day, but I haven't taken my DAT yet. So for that reason, I had to select a broad range of school just in case the unthinkable happens. I chose like 14+ schools. Good luck. Any pointers for the DAT would be helpful since you rocked that exam.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
with those stats, you won't have any problems getting into UOP. If you have good social skills, I think you're pretty much a shoe in for UCSF/LA and USC. If I were you I would apply to those 4, Harvard(if you would really go there over a cali school) and Tufts.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies guys. Hey DESI, are you taking any Prep courses for DAT? I took Kaplan and it was very good. They really overprepared you. And the computer tests they offered were very good as well and harder than the actual exam. So don't be discouraged if you do happen to take the Kaplan exams and don't like your score cuz they don't reflect what you would really get. For example, i was getting 19 and 20 on the practice but score jumped alot on the actual. So all I'm saying is expect you scores to be better. Also, study hard for the BIO cuz they ask you some little detailed things about plants and animals. So just MEMORIZE everything or try to atleast. Also, make sure that you take alot of practice exams (hopefully from Kaplan). Just studying the stuff is not enough. Hope this helps. If you have more questions just ask :)

Hey DESI I have a question. I'm asking you cuz you seem to know alot about details on teh application. I got AP credit for 3 classes by taking the AP tests during high school (AP bio, AP calc AB, AP calc BC) and I took them during 2 different test dates, 5/97 and 5/98. So what do i put for the start and end date? Do i just put 5/97 to 5/98?

Juan,

Yes, I am taking the Kaplan prep course and like you said that the exams are very difficult. Hopefully the same luck happens to me as it did to you.

Anyways, about your AP credit I would just put down the date you took it that you received credit. Like you said that you took the exams twice but only put down the date that you received credit for. I hope this helps.

DesiDentist

juan7677,
You are super competitive with those stats. However you do not get to pass GO and collect $200 quite yet. If you walk into your interviews plumb naked with a bad case of BO, your chances of success will be diminished.

nice stats - Is cost a factor for dental school? Besides the UC schools, those are pricey choices. But they are all in awesome cities, so I guess that's a trade-off. Good luck to you.