What schools do I have a chance at? 25AA 3.7gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michael922

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Here are my stats - what schools do you think I have a chance at?

DAT: 25 AA, 21 PAT
GPA: 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA
NY Resident (Rochester area)

Shadowing: 100 hours (still getting more)

Extracurriculars: President of Public Health Club, on E-Board of Pre-Dental Society (2 years), Leader of Weekly Tutoring Service group, Leader of a service trip partnered with Habitat for Humanity, Treasurer of a different public-health related club

Work: Have worked in the dining department at my school for all four years serving food, spent two semesters as a TA for molecular biology lab, spent 2 years as a tutor for hire in the biology department

Research: Oral health related climate change research with a professor at Columbia Dental School (created a poster, attended a conference), published in a report on UN Environmental Programme's Climate Change Adaptation Strategies, spent a summer investigated cyanobacteria and harmful algal blooms, currently studying policy and health outcomes in regards to cannabis, writing a senior thesis on oral health/dentistry and COVID-19

Do I have a chance at competitive out-of-state public schools like UCLA, UW, UNC, UConn? Do I have a chance at Ivys? Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Strong stats so far, congrats on the fruition of all your hard work! Should be pretty competitive for your in-state public schools. As far as out of state (UCLA) and Ivys, it's been a decade since my application days so can't comment as much on where the range of stats are nowadays.

My two cents: try to attend the most affordable dental school you can get into. Debt burden amongst new grads is a big issue nowadays and can limit your options (ownership, housing, etc).

Reactions: 1 users
Strong stats so far, congrats on the fruition of all your hard work! Should be pretty competitive for your in-state public schools. As far as out of state (UCLA) and Ivys, it's been a decade since my application days so can't comment as much on where the range of stats are nowadays.

My two cents: try to attend the most affordable dental school you can get into. Debt burden amongst new grads is a big issue nowadays and can limit your options (ownership, housing, etc).
Agreed. UB is probably the cheapest option