What schools seem to have the happiest students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CareerNumTwo

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For all of you recently accepted dental students (or currently attending), what schools did you visit where students seemed genuinely happy to be there/not ridiculously stressed out?

I know this is completely subjective and you may or may not have seen students on a good/bad day, but it's important as I begin the process of narrowing down where I'm applying. I searched this topic in several ways but didn't hit anything useful. :/

I'm still a year out from applying but I've interacted with a lot of current and former ASDOH students and they all seem happy, genuine, and nice...
 
Last edited:
I guess it's pretty hard to gauge happiness based on one interview day though. I'd say UTSD has the happiest students out of all of the schools I've been to. It's kind of biased because I know a lot of students that go there and I've been to the school on multiple occasions. The students at UMKC also seemed pretty happy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The students at UNE seemed way more stressed than those at LECOM or MWU AZ. No idea how true that is though.
 
I've heard great things from MWU-AZ students; great program, great faculty, all of them are really happy to be there. The only negative is the high cost.