MD What schools should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealSlimShady

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.7
EC's:
1. Work job in university housing (1 year)
2. Active member of church (mission trips, community service, sunday school teacher) (20 years)
3. Leadership and membership in campus Habitat for Humanity chapter (1 year)
4. Pre-Medical Society Member (AED) (1 year)
Volunteering:
-ER (1 year)
-General Surgery (4 months)
Shadowing:
-Cadiovascular Surgery
-General Surgery
-Pediatrician
-EMS (yeah I know, but hey I learned some things so it was worth it)

No MCAT until July. I am a white male from Tennessee. John Quillen is really my number one, but will go where I get accepted. My main goal is to help people, not to be prestigious so whatever tier school it is doesn't matter so long as I can work to help others when I am done. Where should I apply? Also anything to help me with my overall standing? Yes, I am considering DO, and yes I realize my info is not super competitive. If you need more about my "background" or explanation for things, let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Without an MCAT score you can't really consider which schools to apply to. If you think you have an idea of what your score will be use MSAR and sort schools that way.

Reactions: 1 user
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.7
EC's:
1. Work job in university housing (1 year)
2. Active member of church (mission trips, community service, sunday school teacher) (20 years)
3. Leadership and membership in campus Habitat for Humanity chapter (1 year)
4. Pre-Medical Society Member (AED) (1 year)
Volunteering:
-ER (1 year)
-General Surgery (4 months)
Shadowing:
-Cadiovascular Surgery
-General Surgery
-Pediatrician
-EMS (yeah I know, but hey I learned some things so it was worth it)

No MCAT until July. I am a white male from Tennessee. John Quillen is really my number one, but will go where I get accepted. My main goal is to help people, not to be prestigious so whatever tier school it is doesn't matter so long as I can work to help others when I am done. Where should I apply? Also anything to help me with my overall standing? Yes, I am considering DO, and yes I realize my info is not super competitive. If you need more about my "background" or explanation for things, let me know.
Get a 30+ on the MCAT and some research experience then you'll have a good shot at MD programs.