What schools take a composite MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The South Face

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of schools that take a composite MCAT score? If not, maybe you can help me generate one? By "composite" I mean for the those repeat test takers, using the best score from each section across all the tests taken. For example:

First test: Bio:10 Verb: 6 Phys: 10 Total 26
Second test: Bio: 6 Verbal: 10 Phys: 6 Total 22
Composite: 30

The reason I ask is because I did extremely well on the sciences such that it would be hard to improve those scores the second time I take the mcat and rather poorly on verbal leaving plenty of room for improvement. So a composite score would be ideal.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Boston U does...don't quote me on that though

Several schools do. However, significant score drops are seen negatively...

Members don't see this ad :)
Very interesting! Anyone know any more schools specifically?

Yall should just get the MSAR and USNeWs it has all the info you need, or go check out their sites.

I dont think there are many schools taht take a composite, most either take the latest, the highest or look at all of them for improvement.

I'm not sure either, but I heard some osteo schools take a composite also. But I didn't apply DO so I don't know first hand. Just heard it somewhere.

I think most schools tend to take the most recent score, but they will consider previous scores. But I dunno about the whole composite score thing.

So far the schools I have are:

Utah
Tufts
BU
GW
MCW

Anyone know of any others

jefferson takes the average!!!!!so if you score a 15, then 45, you get 30