What schools take a composite MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The South Face

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have a list of schools that take a composite MCAT score? If not, maybe you can help me generate one? By "composite" I mean for the those repeat test takers, using the best score from each section across all the tests taken. For example:

First test: Bio:10 Verb: 6 Phys: 10 Total 26
Second test: Bio: 6 Verbal: 10 Phys: 6 Total 22
Composite: 30

The reason I ask is because I did extremely well on the sciences such that it would be hard to improve those scores the second time I take the mcat and rather poorly on verbal leaving plenty of room for improvement. So a composite score would be ideal.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very interesting! Anyone know any more schools specifically?
 
Yall should just get the MSAR and USNeWs it has all the info you need, or go check out their sites.

I dont think there are many schools taht take a composite, most either take the latest, the highest or look at all of them for improvement.
 
I'm not sure either, but I heard some osteo schools take a composite also. But I didn't apply DO so I don't know first hand. Just heard it somewhere.
 
I think most schools tend to take the most recent score, but they will consider previous scores. But I dunno about the whole composite score thing.