What Science do you Find the Hardest and Easiest???

D

deleted421268

What science do you find to be the hardest and easiest???

Members don't see this ad.

I found Chem to be the hardest and physics to be the easiest. I skipped earth science though which our school does for those freshman they think would be bored in lower classes, so I did honors bio freshman yr, honors chem sophomore, ap bio junior, and half of honors physics senior year (I graduated early in January). I've heard majoring in physics can help you stand out a lot for med schools, and I loved the semester I took of it, so I may end up switching my major from nutrition to physics in my sophomore year or something

The hardest for me has probably been chem. The easiest- probably physics. I'm sure that may change in college :p At least at the high school level, though, it's been a piece of cake for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
This was my experience at a Big 10 school.

Very difficult
Physical chemistry
Thermodynamics
Electricity and magnetism

Difficult
Biochemistry
Physiology
Neuroscience
Electrophysiology
Inorganic chemistry

Moderate
Genetics
Anatomy
Developmental biology
Organic chemistry

Easy
Intro chemistry
Intro biology
Intro physics
Pharmacology
Histology

As far as math goes (only tangentially relevant), from most to least difficult:
Calc IV > Calc II > Calc III > Calc I > Statistics

Reactions: 1 user
Hardest for me was probably Chemistry, but it was what I enjoyed the most. (My grade even reflected it, which was a bonus). Easiest was Biology. All rote memorization.

I wouldn't describe any of my High school science classes as hard.

I wouldn't describe any of my High school science classes as hard.

I had an independent study AP Comparative Govt/Politics that was very hard because my friends in the same class kept asking me to play NeoPets instead of study.

I had an independent study AP Comparative Govt/Politics that was very hard because my friends in the same class kept asking me to play NeoPets instead of study.

I think I played NeoPets in 6th grade.

For me chemistry was always the most difficult subject I've had to take, physics was relatively simple, and biology was more or less a cake walk. I've also always found macrobiology, or physiology, evolution, etc to be significantly more interesting than molecular biologies such as genetics.
So a comprehensive ranking would be something like this:
Hard: General Chemistry 2, Genetics
Moderate: Organic chemistry, Physics 2, Physiology, and Neurophysiology
Easy: General Chemistry 1, Physics 1, Intro biology, histology.

Hardest: Chemistry and Physics
Moderate: Anatomy and Physiology
Easiest: Biology, Pharmacology

I'll try to find this thread again over the summer while I take Organic Chemistry. I'm sure I'll be adding a new category: Very Hard

Hardest: Honors Upper Division Philosophy of Free Will and Determinism (our professor assigned us a 30 page final paper with 1 day to complete it the week before finals) and Quantitative Analysis (we had to draw and label all the apparatuses used for lab exams down to types of mirrors and lasers)

Easiest: Physical Chemistry Quantum Mechanics (amazing professor and very geometry-based), Genetics (amazing professor), and Graduate Neuroscience (amazing professor who let me skip some intro courses)

I've found physics to be the hardest because of the high level math. I've found Organic Chemistry to be the easiest because I think it's the most fun.

In college? OChem was the hardest, Gen Bio was the easiest (but boring - upper level classes were/are much better), Physics was the most interesting

In college? Chemistry was the hardest (the only reason college Inorganic Chemistry didn't suck for me was because a lot was review from high school. Chemistry is my worst subject). Physics was also up there in terms of difficulty, because I missed the first two weeks of it (illness) and our teacher wasn't very good. However, once I got it, it kind-of clicked for me. Had I been a science major I would have done physics. I don't know what it is about it, but I honestly have fun doing physics problems! I am in college now and we had a physics-type question on our last biochem test and I was one of the few who got it. I think I like it because you have the tools (equations) but you have to think outside the box to figure out how to use them to get the answer, so that brain puzzle aspect of it appeals to me.

Physics was the hardest for me, and Biology and Maybe Chemistry are easy. I'm in Chemistry now and I think it's going smoothly so far.