What score should I be aiming for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Valtun

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've searched through many different threads here on SDN including what people think is a competitive MCAT score, what people have gotten in with, etc. but I've gotten mixed results with almost everything.

Basically what I'm asking is, what is a good MCAT score to go for? I obviously want to be competitive for MD schools (I'm taking the MCAT this upcoming August). I have people saying 508 can be competitive, 510 is what you should aim for, and some even saying you need a 515+ if you want to even be considered for an MD school.

I understand MCAT isn't everything and there is so much more to an application, but it is a large factor in an application so I'm just wondering: in order to be COMPETITIVE for an MD school, what should I aim for and if I want to be COMPETITIVE for a DO school, what should I aim for?

I have a 3.9cGPA and 3.9sGPA with pretty good extracurriculars if you want to put that into account as well.

I understand that there are probably a ton of other threads similar to this, but I'm just confused now because I've seen so many different responses to this question lol.

Members don't see this ad.