what % should I be aiming to get on verbal,EK,TBR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mcatdestroyer

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is how I am doing and my goal:

Now Goal
EK/kaplan/TPRH Verbal(65%)-->(80%)
TBR(53%)-->(75%)
EK 1001 physics(80%)-->(85%)
EK 1001 chem(88%)-->(85%)
EK 1001 ochem(80%)-->(85%)
EK bio in class exam(65%)-->(75%)


is it reasonable and should I be aiming higher or lower?
 
to put in another way if I was getting

Verbal(80%)
TBR((75%)
EK physics(90%)
EK chem(90%)
EK ochem(90%)
EK bio(75%)

correct,
I would be good to go right??
 
there's never a perfect correlation between your EK/TBR scores and your AAMC scores. How about you focus on getting good scores on your AAMC FLs? EK/BR tends to err on the side of more content oriented questions when formulating their tests, while AAMC will try to gauge your test-taking abilities/how well you can synthesize brand new information.
 
to put in another way if I was getting

Verbal(80%)
TBR((75%)
EK physics(90%)
EK chem(90%)
EK ochem(90%)
EK bio(75%)

correct,
I would be good to go right??

You will need higher scores than these if you want the 40+ displayed in your signature. If you are shooting for 30+ those scores should get you there, but the AAMCs are a much better gauge.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you want a 40+ then you should be aiming for 100% on everything. I don't think you realize how unrealistic your goal score is, much less how unnecessary it is (38-45 are essentially the same score since the difference between each successive point in that range is a single question).

If you are insistent on it though, then I'd say you want the following:

Verbal (95%)
TBR (90%)
EK physics1001 (100%)
EK chem1001 (100%)
EK ochem1001 (100%)
EK bio1001 (100%)

Basically you need to be scoring 14 in every section if you want a shot at a 40. If you're willing to settle for a score in the high 30s then you only need to score 13 on each section.