What should i tell my prof ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my prof. is writing me a LOR and he has never done for dental school before

do i just tell him that in June (when i apply) he gets an email from AADSAS to upload his Document in the email ?

on the application, under the LOR section is there a place where we put the profs. emails. Other than that do i need to do anything else

Members don't see this ad.

my prof. is writing me a LOR and he has never done for dental school before

do i just tell him that in June (when i apply) he gets an email from AADSAS to upload his Document in the email ?

on the application, under the LOR section is there a place where we put the profs. emails. Other than that do i need to do anything else

He will get an email in June when the application opens. It will give him an account to log into. He will then be able to upload the file to the website. Once he has done that, he should get a confirmation email saying that it went through. You will also see on your LoR section that the letter has been submitted. I would tell him exactly that.

You are correct with your LoR section; just put their contact information and you will be golden. Just make sure it is the proper email address and the email will be sent to that. Good luck!

He will get an email in June when the application opens. It will give him an account to log into. He will then be able to upload the file to the website. Once he has done that, he should get a confirmation email saying that it went through. You will also see on your LoR section that the letter has been submitted. I would tell him exactly that.

You are correct with your LoR section; just put their contact information and you will be golden. Just make sure it is the proper email address and the email will be sent to that. Good luck!

so then the point of interfolio is just for us to store those LORs just in case something happens ?

Members don't see this ad :)
so far i have 3 science prof. LOR and 1 Dentist LOR

is that pretty standard for almost all schools, most schools dont specify on their websites how many of each

so then the point of interfolio is just for us to store those LORs just in case something happens ?
yes. I started storing LORs there for about a year and a half before applying.

is that pretty standard for almost all schools, most schools dont specify on their websites how many of each

you might wanna be careful about this... some schools require 1 non-science LOR. Make sure you are aware of all the LOR requirements of ALL the schools your applying to. Missing even 1 LOR will put your application under "incomplete".... meaning it won't get reviewed until it becomes complete.

Yes. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of interfolio. I find it unnecessary. If you haven't already registered, then I wouldn't. There is no use for it as long as you notify your letter writers what to do. Otherwise they will have to send their letters to AADSAS and Interfolio. Your choice though.

Interfolio is good bc if you don't get accepted this cycle, the letters will be there for you to re-submit. That way, you don't have to bug your LOR writers again.

This topic of "which LORs to which schools" is coming up too often.

We should make a spread sheet of all LOR requirements of all schools....

The schools that I applied to specified on their websites.

Apparently my school offers a service which I pay for... for them to store my LORs.

If I just tell them to send all of my LORs to AADSAS, would that be ok?

Apparently my school offers a service which I pay for... for them to store my LORs.

If I just tell them to send all of my LORs to AADSAS, would that be ok?

You don't personally send them. Read the previous posts. Your letter writers will upload them.