What size iPad would you recommend and with how much storage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iPad Pro Size and Storaage Space

• 11 inch 128GB

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • 12.9 inch 128GB

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 11 inch 256GB

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 12.9 inch 256GB

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

So worde

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I've decided to get an iPad pro for note taking and what not because I have heard such great things but I'm not sure what size/how much storage I should get. Is the 11 inch big enough or is the 12.9 inch worth the extra $200 dollars? And also, is the 64GB enough storage or should I spend the extra $150 to get the 256GB iPad?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey so I was just agonizing over this decision for weeks and just bought the 11 inch 64 gb pro. Check on Amazon, as I got it for $100 off which is extremely rare for apple products, I think it was a father's day sale.

I was mostly deciding between the sizes because I knew that I would get 64 gb because I'll be backing everything up to icloud and 64 gb is more than enough for local working storage.

At first, I was leaning toward the 12.9 as common convention goes, bigger is better and I thought multitasking would be much better on the larger screen. However, when I got to the apple store and compared them both, the 12.9 was way too big too be comfortable for a tablet. You can't really grasp it well with one hand and write with the other. And I'm 6'1 with big hands. The 11 inch felt so much more comfortable to hold and carry. Additionally, I tested the 11 inch screen with multiple apps open side to side (textbook and notability or youtube and notability) and there is plenty of screen space to do what you need.

Reactions: 2 users
I recently purchased a iPad Pro; 12.9 256gb and I am loving it! The size is nice and multitasking makes it very efficient for making quick notes/brainstorming. I would recommend the 12.9 over the 11 just because of the size (if you’ll be using Apple Pencil). I don’t find it awkward to hold and if at first it is, you will get used to it.

Ps: best app for notes is notability (just my opinion). My buddy bought both notability, and good-notes, saying that notability has a nicer user interphase and the “feeling” while writing has a much better flow, but not as good of a search function. So far have not had issues with the search function and am enjoying it.

Reactions: 1 user