What specialties work on Military base hospitals(Spec. Japan or S. Korea)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justiii

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what specialties work at Military bases in Japan or South Korea? I know the primary care physicians but what else? Thanks :) Also, is salary the same or lower?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our dear Founder @Lee could probably address that. :D

One of my best friends was just stationed in Japan - she's a pediatrician and her husband a radiologist.

Another was an internist in Korea.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you able to work on an overseas military base as a civilian doc?

Does anyone know what specialties work at Military bases in Japan or South Korea? I know the primary care physicians but what else? Thanks :) Also, is salary the same or lower?
Are you looking at civilian employment on a military base or are you looking to serve in the military overseas?

Are you able to work on an overseas military base as a civilian doc?

Yes. It is possible. Is it 100% something to bank on? No. There are limited positions and as you said, limited resources for hiring, but I was stationed in Korea and I met many civilian healthcare personnel within the base medical centers. Some Korean and some American. Not all specialties and equipment was present everywhere and some more remotely located bases referred soldiers to the Korean healthcare system as needed.

Reactions: 1 user