What Sucks About Being A Dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep, im a dental hygiene student and my instructor/dentist/head of dh dept. is hot! :love:. on the serious side: Im about to take my WREB NDHDE, does anyone know how many pieces of calculus you can miss and still make a 75% and pass?

Members don't see this ad.

Uh, wrong message board buddy. But the answer to your question is on their website. Good luck.

Yep, im a dental hygiene student and my instructor/dentist/head of dh dept. is hot! :love:. on the serious side: Im about to take my WREB NDHDE, does anyone know how many pieces of calculus you can miss and still make a 75% and pass?

Hey Hammer, if you don't mind me asking, what school do you teach at?

He is one of Oracle's instructors, so he must teach at Midwestern.
I've heard really good things about Midwestern. The only sad thing is that they are a private school and don't give much or any preference to AZ residents :annoyed:.. lol

To Oracle
do you know if Midwestern is gonna have a simlab class for predents like they had last summer?

Members don't see this ad :)
He is one of Oracle's instructors, so he must teach at Midwestern.
I've heard really good things about Midwestern. The only sad thing is that they are a private school and don't give much or any preference to AZ residents :annoyed:.. lol

To Oracle
do you know if Midwestern is gonna have a simlab class for predents like they had last summer?

i believe they are. the second that there are is any news, i wil post it on SDN.

:hijacked:

Can anyone say - Hijacked?!?!

Great job of taking over someone else's thread.

It's cool, the hammer has made this thread very informative. But I still would like some input about some downsides to a career in dentistry...

(oh and hammer, for the love of god change your tag from "pre-dental" to something more respectable :D)

The hammer you sound like the dentist i shadowed in Knoxville. This guy has been practicing since the early 90s. Graduate of Meharry, has had 2 successful practices, has ZERO debt. his current practice is worth over 1.5mill. when i shadowed him over a 3 month period he showed me how much they were collecting each month. numbers looked like this 125k, 130k, 150k. He told me the recession has been good to him. people keep coming through his doors. He tells me to hurry up and get into DS and finish because he needs help. i didn't understand his true worth until i noticed he was planning on buying a freaking gulfstream V because he loves to travel. :laugh:

G-5's cost 25-30mil USED. So I highly doubt this.

G-5's cost 25-30mil USED. So I highly doubt this.

Yeah me too. I know all the DDS's in K'ville and I don't know a single one who is rolling in that kind of green.

so the possibility of becoming a Corvette driving hillbilly looks like the worst thing that'll happen if you become a dentist. upgraded to the beemer eh?! i can almost smell the axe body spray from here. :laugh: jk :cool:

Beamer? Blech, how about a Cadillac CTS-V!

Beamer? Blech, how about a Cadillac CTS-V!

Sorry but GM stuff is not even close to the quality of BMW. My Z06 was built like a golf car compared to my M5 which feels as solid as a tank.

z063as7.jpg

Oh and that was my 2007 Z06 Corvette that I bought with cash new off the lot. I had it till last year when I sold it and bought a new BMW M5.:thumbup:

First of all Hammer, you have great taste in cars! That was supposed to be my gift for my 18th birthday, but I didnt have my license! :( I have to say tho, congrats on the success so far & may it continue! :)