What to do after an EK 101 test...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

da_donut

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The front of the book says you should go to the explanations of the answers after you grade yourself and read them. Does anyone actually find that this helps?...it almost seems unproductive...

Members don't see this ad.

what i try to do is after i see which questions i got wrong, i try to answer them again before looking at the correct answer. and it does help if you read the explanations because most of the time i had missed some bit of info in the passage which led me to the wrong answer. So, it basically teaches you to read more carefully next time.

If you're taking the January MCAT, please don't go over your answers. Let the rest of us set the curve. :laugh:

(In other words, going over your answers is a good thing. If you simply take tests and grade yourself, you improve your test-taking skills, but you do nothing for fixing the knowledge gaps that led you to missing the qs you missed in the first place)

I went through the verbal tests again as the EK verbal book lecture 4 recommends. It's good to be able to rationalize to yourself why the answers are correct.

Did you guys also try looking at only questions and answer them like one of the ek verbal section recommended us to do?