What to do during the waiting period???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Elliegirl-

"Some we love..." etc sounds very good! I'm going to have to get that (and hopefully I will actually have time to read it)!

Members don't see this ad.

While you're waiting to hear back, there's still room to improve your application (and plan to do so that you can update schools at the end of fall quarter with what you've been up to so that *hopefully* they can take that extra information into account before making a decision -- I only say hopefully because some schools make decisions around the time fall term is complete)

http://sharonostermann.blog.com/2010/10/03/while-youre-waiting/

Another great book to consider passing the waiting time with is "Appointments at the ends of the world" It is the memoirs of a wildlife vet. I loved it! If you haven't read it or heard of it, it is written by William Karesh.

Members don't see this ad :)
The whole question of "what to do during the waiting period???" yeah... maintain my sanity is all I could think of :)

I'm so jealous of all of you that have time to get some leisure reading in. *sigh* Read a book for me, will ya? All I'm getting to read are research papers... Trying to finish my Masters, work a full time job, help raise my b/f's 3 kids, keep up with my foster dogs and recover from spraining my ankle... I just keep hoping that I'll earn some points with the admissions staff with all of the extracurricular work I've been involved with....

I'm jealous of you folks who are in school and have something to do in the evenings. Since the temps have dropped and the sun is going down early, my outdoor projects have stalled and one can only surf so much internet. I've finished my Rescue and Master Diver courses and have run out of stuff to study. I think I'm going to start getting heavy into decompression theory and the physiological impacts of increased atmospheric pressures encountered at depth. The brain needs purpose and direction. When it goes into idle, things get scary or expensive.