What to do in 365 days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FishyTheFish

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took the first EK 101 VR test and received a 10 (almost an 11). I have about a year before I take the MCAT, so my question is: What can I do to raise my score in that year? My goal is a 12 or 13 (realistic improvement?)

I don't want to go through and take all of the other EK 101 VR tests because I want to save those for when I get closer to the MCAT, say around 2 months prior to taking it. I've also heard that other books are pretty bad at mimicking the actual MCAT style passages and will mess up ones timing. What do you guys suggest I do to improve?
 
I just took the first EK 101 VR test and received a 10 (almost an 11). I have about a year before I take the MCAT, so my question is: What can I do to raise my score in that year? My goal is a 12 or 13 (realistic improvement?)

I don't want to go through and take all of the other EK 101 VR tests because I want to save those for when I get closer to the MCAT, say around 2 months prior to taking it. I've also heard that other books are pretty bad at mimicking the actual MCAT style passages and will mess up ones timing. What do you guys suggest I do to improve?

For 9 months: Read the newspaper, economist, etc.
For last 3 months: Start studying and resume doing EK 101 tests and AAMC material
 
It's a bit too early to start studying for the MCAT. For now, read challenging books/articles to improve your reading comprehension/critical reading skills.

Best chance you have is not to worry until test time gets nearer. Read general prose for now, and then practice your passages in CBTs and on paper later.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad