what to do in high school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
geno2568 said:
That's not a shot, its a bomb.
And there should be Jameson's in that shotglass (along with the Bailey's).

Unless that bartender is ******ed there is already Jameson's in there

Members don't see this ad.

ironmanf14 said:
most likely :laugh: or at least chase it with some guinness :D

My shot taking days ended freshman year because thats ALL we ever did - complete burnout. I like an occasional tequila shot every once in a while but I can't really do shots anymore

I would never take a shot of scotch... you sip it on the rocks or neat.

ironmanf14 said:
most likely :laugh: or at least chase it with some guinness :D

My shot taking days ended freshman year because thats ALL we ever did - complete burnout. I like an occasional tequila shot every once in a while but I can't really do shots anymore

I hear ya. When ever a bottle comes off the shelf now its bad news. I usually stick to my beer now, and occassionaly sip on some scotch or bourbon. But i'm getting too old to pound down fifths with the guys (and be remotely usefull at all for the next 3 days).

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.TobiasFünke said:
My favorite bomb is the College Car bomb... busch light and grain alcohol

I did that once, but with Natty of course. NASTY!!!!

ironmanf14 said:
Unless that bartender is ******ed there is already Jameson's in there
then its pured incorrectly.
The jamesons should be poured over the irish cream, so it doesnt mix until u drop it. That picture has the bailey's up to the brim of the shotglass, so either theres no whiskey, or its already mixed.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
I would never take a shot of scotch... you sip it on the rocks or neat.

Agreed. :thumbup: I like it neat usually, but the slowly metling ice dilutes to scotch just enough to release some of the more subtler aromatics. So that too is an excellent choice.

geno2568 said:
then its pured incorrectly.
The jamesons should be poured over the irish cream, so it doesnt mix until u drop it. That picture has the bailey's up to the brim of the shotglass, so either theres no whiskey, or its already mixed.

I know what you mean, but most bartenders don't know that. 95% of the one's I order have the two poured at the same time, but I have never seen someone just pour Bailey's.....I wouldn't pay for it if I did!

Then again, this one is being served in a Yuengling glass so who knows :laugh:

ironmanf14 said:
absinthe scares me

You mean the whole seizures thing? :laugh: The alcohol would kill you before you drank enough to get those levels of thujone. But the drink is over-rated anyway. And worse, it doesn't taste that good (to me anyway).

Haemulon said:
You mean the whole seizures thing? :laugh: I the alcohol would kill you before you drank enough to get those levels of thujone. But the drink is over-rated anyway.

That's what I heard too. I was in Amsterdam two summers ago and thought about trying it there, but my friend (born in Brussels) said all it is is really nasty alcohol.

ironmanf14 said:
That's what I heard too. I was in Amsterdam two summers ago and thought about trying it there, but my friend (born in Brussels) said all it is is really nasty alcohol.

Agreed. Like I said, its more the novelty. Doing the ritual, seeing it turn cloudy and all. That part is kinda cool.

ironmanf14 said:
i think its more of a forbidden-fruit thing here
thats what makes it fun

geno2568 said:
i think its more of a forbidden-fruit thing here
thats what makes it fun

This thread is now "What to Drink in High School" :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
so....how much longer until Molly moves this thread?

What do drink in HIghschool? How about Boones Farm and Mad Dog. Maybe some Beast. :thumbup:

For the record I encourage all underage students to refrain from alcohol until they are of legal age and even then to consume with responsible moderation. :cool:

Haemulon said:
What do drink in HIghschool? How about Boones Farm and Mad Dog. Maybe some Beast. :thumbup:

For the record I discourage all underage students to refrain from alcohol until they are of legal age and even then only with responsible moderation. :cool:

St. Ides Malt Liquor 40oz servings

haha nice disclaimer

Haemulon said:
Gotta love the 40's. How about some Bull Ice, or Schlizt Malt Liquor?

na... i tried mad dog once though after a few LI Iced Teas on the cab ride home... It is WAY more alcoholic than I expected... that was actually the night before I was accepted to medical school. The next morning, when I got the package, I opened it, read the good news, then went promptly back to sleep. THe phone call to mom had to wait a few hours.

What does getting arrested have anything to do with it?

honestly unless you were trying to get into one of those BS/MD programs out of HS or are hellbent on getting into an Ivy, I would just get good grades, have as much fun as possible, and make sure I get into a pretty good college. No need to stress about med school so soon.

Haemulon said:
What are you talking about? Go back to sleep.
just stfu.

so seriously why does getting arrested have anything to do with this?

someone said one of the things to do to improve your chances at med-school is to not get arrested

thebadguy1999 said:
just stfu.

so seriously why does getting arrested have anything to do with this?

Applications ask about convictions. Medicine is a career where you will have huge responsibilities for peoples' welfare and will have access to prescription drugs, so med schools try to select a class that won't have issues getting licensed.

Remember, even if activities won't count in AMCAS, it still counts under your personal resume when looking for jobs or research positions, which you will be able to put on your AMCAS application.

Win or be a finalist in one of those prestigious science contests, like Intel, Westinghouse, Siemens, or whatever it's called these days.