What to do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Handy388

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying in June for this cycle. Have already done MCAT, clincal experiences and what not, already on the task for letters of rec.

Is there anything I should be doing?

I am thinking about getting transcripts mailed to my home and so I can remail them to AAMC at the moment of notice, is that a bad idea?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying in June for this cycle. Have already done MCAT, clincal experiences and what not, already on the task for letters of rec.

I am thinking about getting transcripts mailed to my home and so I can remail them to AAMC at the moment of notice, is that a bad idea?

Transcripts will have to be mailed directly from your undergrad office to the AAMC. They will not accept student copies that are mailed to you. However, it's a great idea for you to get a student copy, as it will make filling in the "courses" section of your AMCAS much easier.

i thought schools were capable of sending transcripts to aamc electronically nowadays.

Members don't see this ad :)
what I meant was to order the offical, sealed transcript and have them ready in my home so I can remail them. I don't live near the colleges I've attended, and there are 2 colleges in addition to my current university that I've attended so it's a lot of transcripts

yeah you're still going to need them sent directly from all institutions you attended. Sucks, I know... especially when you attended a few... but even unopened official copies sent to AMCAS will not work. (Side note: even the 'official' transcripts they will send to you will usually have 'student request' or 'distributed to student' on the front.)

However, it would be a good idea to get those transcript requests in as soon as AMCAS opens for this year - that will give your schools a good month leeway before you can even submit your application. As far as not living by all the institutions you attended, that shouldn't be a problem. Most schools (at least, those I am aware of) have some sort of form you can fill out and fax in order to request a transcript without being physically present on the campus.

what I meant was to order the offical, sealed transcript and have them ready in my home so I can remail them. I don't live near the colleges I've attended, and there are 2 colleges in addition to my current university that I've attended so it's a lot of transcripts

I had 4 schools from which I needed transcripts sent. It sucks but you just deal with it and fill out the proper forms the schools require (some can be done online) and have the schools send the transcripts directly to AMCAS or whatever. You can't be the one mailing them. As someone else said, the copy you're sent will clearly state on the front that they are student copies.

how about writing your personal statement?

if application is taken care of, maybe you can start thinking about what you want to do next year for fun, experience, etc? besides academics of course.

There's a thread on SDN, I'm to lazy to search for it, that has the different secondary prompts from a bunch of different schools. You could take a look and see what kind of experiences you can write about.

if application is taken care of, maybe you can start thinking about what you want to do next year for fun, experience, etc? besides academics of course.

Actually I am just quite ready to get out of California, but basically tied down. argh.