what to do?-SA Rotating internship match 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whatisthemeaningoflife?

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a foreign graduate (February 2023), currently enrolled on the ECFVG pathway to obtain a U.S. license. Recently, I also passed NAVLE, but I felt no joy at all, What is wrong with me? (I know I should celebrate all things in life and not overthink, but in reality, I can't seem to shake this feeling and not feel depressed.) I suspect I have been thinking too much about my future journey, and because I have no idea what or how I should move, I felt horrible. I have one exam called CPE, which is a practical exam, remaining to take. Unfortunately, the test slots are released only once a year with limited seats, so I am waiting for next year's slot so I won't be able to complete it before the match application. From vet school, I wanted to do SA IM residency but thought it was impossible as no one from my college has followed the ECFVG pathway, NAVLE, or residency. I have been researching as much as I can on my own regarding the match process, but I feel there are things I can't learn myself, no matter what, and I need someone with knowledge to help me see things differently. I am so helpless right now, feeling depressed and scared. I have no one to talk to and share my things and aspirations with. I am planning to apply for the SA rotating internship this match cycle, 2024. However, I feel like I have nothing to stand out. I would love to get guidance and mentorship from someone to direct me and give me perspective on my current position and chance. Please DM me or comment on how I should move forward to improve my chance of matching. It would mean the world to me, honestly.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Members don't see this ad.