What to know when I go to UF interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tsgalloway

Future Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at U of Florida next week. For those of you that have interviewed there this year:

Is there anything in particular that might be handy to know before the interview?

Besides questions that are posted on the SDN interview feedback, were there any interesting questions asked?

Is the dental school hard to find?

Anything and all would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

tsgalloway said:
I have an interview at U of Florida next week. For those of you that have interviewed there this year:

Is there anything in particular that might be handy to know before the interview?

Is the dental school hard to find?

No parking around the school, the building in which school itself is located doesn't have any signs to indicate that the school is there, G-town is not exactly a good place to live, in my opinion.

First, Gainesville is GREAT. I have lived here for 2.5 years and I love it.

Second, your interview....

Be HONEST and be YOUR SELF.

It really is not that bad, I had fun in mine, however don't be surprised when they don't seem "pleased" with your responses. It's not mean; it is just their way of making you think. So answer your questions, quickly, accurately, honestly, and confidently.

University of Florida College of Dentisty C/O 2010

SuperC - I must say I like your attitude....all this "UF sucks, gainesville sucks..." from others is just not helpful - but at least you'll be one of my classmates in August :)

To answer the question:

The dental tower where your interview is, is actually located in the Shands complex. If you get directions, you can park right next to the complex in a parking garage that costs like $3 a day or something (therefore there IS parking). If you go from the garage, and just simply walk into the Shands building - just keep going straight and you will find yourself in waiting-type of area and see lots of dental students in blue scrubs. There are elevators located there and if you take those you are at your destination :)

About the interview itself - be yourself and do not worry. Dress professionaly, expect them to take a picture of you (which I did not know prior to going). They will give you good lunch and a tour - so wear comfortable shoes (if you are a girl). The questions they ask are pretty fair and they are all pretty nice. I personally felt a little rushed at my interview (it took about 15 min total) - but eventhough I felt like that it must have gone nicely since I did get in after all :)