What to put on your 2 laminated sheet before starting the exam for Step 2CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgicel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for step 1 I would pretty much put some of the formulas and things which DIT mentioned would be HY? Can we all add and make a list as what is HY to put on our laminated sheet before starting the 1st block?

I would include
1. Biostats equations
2. Winters formulas/ Anion gap calculation
3. Childhood growth charts
4. Some labs values ( to save time looking them up)

to those who took the test can you guys comment on what you found would have been helpful if you memorized and put on the laminated sheets?

Please add to the list!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The only that I can think of that could possibly be semi useful would be biostats equations and then the more common equations you mentioned (anion/osmolar gap mainly). I would only take the time to write those down if you tend to forget the basic stuff under pressure because aside from the 4 or 5 super basic biostats equations its just too unlikely for you to get a question that requires you to know a certain formula.

For the lab value thing, I'd recommend before you take the test to write down the 5-10 most common values and make a list of the top 5-10 causes for each abnormal value (both hypo and hyper) and memorize that list hard. Doing that I think will save you more time on the exam than simply writing down abnormal values and you will probably recognize whats abnormal anyways after doing this. Overall writing stuff down before the test just isn't as useful as it was for step 1 though but ymmv.

Reactions: 1 user