what to say to the receptionist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

powerfetish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my driver's license today and now I can finally volunteer at the clinic where my mom works. Could someone please advice me on what to say to the receptionist, and whether or not I need to approach her in a certain manner because I have about 23 days remaining till school starts; and I'd like to be able to volunteer for about 6 hours daily until then. Thank you so much, and this forum is the best thing I have found in a long time!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my driver's license today and now I can finally volunteer at the clinic where my mom works. Could someone please advice me on what to say to the receptionist, and whether or not I need to approach her in a certain manner because I have about 23 days remaining till school starts; and I'd like to be able to volunteer for about 6 hours daily until then. Thank you so much, and this forum is the best thing I have found in a long time!!

Obvious troll is obvious.

Can you please explain you're exact question a little bit better perhaps?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's very hard to not be rude to some ignorant people. If you believe I am a troll, ignore me and add me to ignore list. You are being the troll by claiming that I am a troll when I need some advice as what to say to get those hours because I don't have much experience with this process. Someone please help. Thanks.

It's very hard to not be rude to some ignorant people. If you believe I am a troll, ignore me and add me to ignore list. You are being the troll by claiming that I am a troll when I need some advice as what to say to get those hours because I don't have much experience with this process.

Wait... a troll calling someone else a troll? An infinite troll paradox?

It's very hard to not be rude to some ignorant people. If you believe I am a troll, ignore me and add me to ignore list. You are being the troll by claiming that I am a troll when I need some advice as what to say to get those hours because I don't have much experience with this process. Someone please help. Thanks.

You realize we can see your other posts and topics right, OP? But ask your mom, according to the other post you made if you are serious.

3586kaq.jpg

Can you please explain you're exact question a little bit better perhaps?

My question is how can I ensure that I will get all the hours that I need this late into the break? I asked my mom but she said that people respect you more if you ask them yourself, and this way I can go on to getting on the good side of neurosurgeons who work there; and ask them to let me shadow them.

My question is how can I ensure that I will get all the hours that I need this late into the break? I asked my mom but she said that people respect you more if you ask them yourself, and this way I can go on to getting on the good side of neurosurgeons who work there; and ask them to let me shadow them.

As I said, reference my above post.

Well, the short answer is that it is likely impossible to ensure that you can get the hours you want. If you wanted to ensure that you could volunteer, you would have needed to get the ball rolling a while ago. I've had it take 2 months to get started volunteering at certain hospitals due to the paperwork, 2-step TB tests, required training, etc.

However, with your mom working there, all you need to do is go talk to the person, ask what their process is, and explain that you would like to do some volunteering over the break. It isn't any more complicated than that.

I hope you realize that it's less about the "hours" and more about what you learn. Many schools prefer longitudinal experiences rather than a short stint in one place. Will you continue volunteering here during the school year?