Program-Specific Info / Q's What to wear to an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

90sOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm flying from Los Angeles (home) to Omaha for an interview with Creighton mid-January. Since I've never really had to dress for the winter, any tips on how to look professional while keeping warm? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

To my interviews I wore dress pants with a flowy top and a blazer and if it's really chilly I'll bring something similar to a nice plain trench coat! Most girls at my interviews wear flats, which is just suitable if you'll be walking around and touring but it's really about preference! I also bring a rectangular black bag that can fit a water bottle and my portfolio. Hope that helps, good luck at your interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I'm flying from Los Angeles (home) to Omaha for an interview with Creighton mid-January. Since I've never really had to dress for the winter, any tips on how to look professional while keeping warm? Thanks :)
Hey! I'm from Texas and interviewed at Creighton last week. I wore a charcoal-grey pencil skirt with the matching blazer. I also wore thick black pantyhose with black heels. Everyone at my interview literally wore a black pant suit so I was a bit glad I went with something else. I also agree in bringing a bag since they give you a folder. The tour isn't long at all so if you're comfortable with heels I'd do that. In terms of shirts I wore a nice blouse. I also wore a wool coat. It will be very cold.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from LA and interviewed last year at Creighton! I wore black dress pants with flats, a nice light pink blouse and black blazer. I wore a coat because they do take you on a tour and you have to walk outside for a few minutes. I also took a black bag because they give you a folder with all the information of their program. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes, there were girls in my interview that wore heels and were struggling walking up the stairs.

Good luck! :)

I interviewed at Creighton and will be attending next fall! A lot of people wore different things but the main thing I saw was pants suits with a nice blouse or skirt with blazer and tights. I wore a navy pants suit with a cream blouse from The Limited and a pearl necklace and brown heels.