What went wrong? Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sane OMM course instructor would ever present the idea that meditation can cure pancreatic cancer.

Cite a single source from any primary source or osteopathic medical school that endorses this for me, I challenge you!
I don't think I ever said it's taught at DO schools, I gave it as an example idea you'd laugh at from a child, as an analogy to how the medical and scientific community views a high schooler accusing them of intentionally ignoring a medical practice if they knew it worked.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think I ever said it's taught at DO schools, I gave it as an example idea you'd laugh at from a child, as an analogy to how the medical and scientific community views a high schooler accusing them of intentionally ignoring a medical practice if they knew it worked.

None of what I said should be interpreted as a criticism at allopathic directors for intentionally ignoring OMM. You misinterpreted what I said.

Members don't see this ad :)
intentionally ignoring OMM
Once more I don't care whether you judge or criticize them for it. Totally irrelevant. You claim the above is happening, even if they know it proven to work, and that is laughable.

Once more I don't care whether you judge or criticize them for it. Totally irrelevant. You claim the above is happening, even if they know it proven to work, and that is laughable.

Never claimed that allopathic directors are ignoring OMM. You're really going to have to cite me on that. I only stated that a merging of the allopathic and osteopathic branches of medicine will never happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of what I said should be interpreted as a criticism at allopathic directors for intentionally ignoring OMM
They won't [adopt OMM], even if they think OMM is a good practice.
Bro do you even English? The top sentence says allo programs are intentionally ignoring OMM, you just don't criticize them for it. E.g. how would you read it if I said "Don't interpret my statement as a criticism of parents for beating their children"?

And the bottom sentence explicitly says that OMM, which you think is good practice, would not be adopted even if they agreed with you. That's straight up nonsense and not how medicine/biomed science works.

Bro do you even English? The top sentence says allo programs are intentionally ignoring OMM, you just don't criticize them for it. E.g. how would you read it if I said "Don't interpret my statement as a criticism of parents for beating their children"?

And the bottom sentence explicitly says that OMM, which you think is good practice, would not be adopted even if they agreed with you. That's straight up nonsense and not how medicine/biomed science works.

They won't adopt OMM. They will not adopt OMM, even if they think it's a good practice.

I'll elaborate for you; they won't adopt it because they're an allopathic institution. OMM will never take place in an allopathic medical school's curriculum, even if the directors consider it a good practice. Inability to adopt an idea doesn't equate to ignoring the idea.

You're going off on tangents.

They won't adopt OMM. They will not adopt OMM, even if they think it's a good practice.

I'll elaborate for you; they won't adopt it because they're an allopathic institution. OMM will never take place in an allopathic medical school's curriculum, even if the directors consider it a good practice. Inability to adopt an idea doesn't equate to ignoring the idea.
You literally used the words "intentionally ignoring" yourself!

And again, this isn't a tangent, it's the same exact thing for like the fifth time. The statements above accuse allopathic institutions of being willing to exclude a good, evidence based practice they knew worked, out of a desire to stay separate. That is a bunch of nonsense and will someday get you laughed at if you are open about this position.

Wow this took me a while to get to the end. I think essentially what happened is they looked at your application and decided what you did was "check the boxes". It doesn't really show that you are passionate about service or helping others or research (clinically related), just that you checked the boxes for volunteering and research and whatever else, making your application rather 2-dimensional. My stats are not as good as yours (although almost there), and at EVERY SINGLE INTERVIEW I got asked about the longitudinal non-clinical volunteering I had on my application. In fact, I had wayyyyy more non-clinical volunteering than clinical volunteering. You need to pick a "theme" for your application. Choose something you are passionate about, and show the adcoms you care with longitudinal commitment and passion in your personal statement. And most importantly, RELATE IT TO MEDICINE. Idk about your insect research, but if you didn't relate it to medicine in your description and you could have, do that next time. Bring everything around to why it makes you passionate about medicine and attending med school. Just one humble applicant's opinion.

Reactions: 4 users
OK.

It appears that the users are incapable of following the warning of our moderator, @Lucca and posting in a civil professional manner.

MD vs DO threads are always contentious, always off topic and add to the pervasive impression that SDN is a toxic environment. As has been discussed before and at the request of multiple users, moderation for such things will now be increased. This thread has run its course and will be closed.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.