What would be minimum dat scores for Podiatry School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxL221

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

MaxL221 said:

There is no minimum for standardize test scores. The average score though is 17 for the DAT.

gsrimport said:
There is no minimum for standardize test scores. The average score though is 17 for the DAT.

i spoke to dean lott at ohio about applying 2 months ago for the 2006 entering class, and she told me an 18 is good. whether this means that a lower dat score will gain you admittance if you apply earlier for the 2007 cycle, i don't know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the average DAT for matriculating Dental students is a little over an 18AA and 18 sci.. I would imagine anything 17 or higher would be a competitive score. I am not sure the pod schools really know how to evaluate this test but, if it works then go with it. I really don't see what the big deal is about only accepting the MCAT. I think that G.P.A is a much better indicator of success in school than the MCAT or the DAT.

oncogene said:
I believe the average DAT for matriculating Dental students is a little over an 18AA and 18 sci.. I would imagine anything 17 or higher would be a competitive score. I am not sure the pod schools really know how to evaluate this test but, if it works then go with it. I really don't see what the big deal is about only accepting the MCAT. I think that G.P.A is a much better indicator of success in school than the MCAT or the DAT.
I respectfully disagree. GPA's can vary from undergrad schools. Many can and ARE inflated. The MCAT or DAT is standardized. It is a better estimation of a candidate's abilities, independent of a GPA. It doesn't lie -- GPA's from school to school do.

capo said:
I respectfully disagree. GPA's can vary from undergrad schools. Many can and ARE inflated. The MCAT or DAT is standardized. It is a better estimation of a candidate's abilities, independent of a GPA. It doesn't lie -- GPA's from school to school do.

:thumbup: I couldn't agree more! I took a couple classes at a state University in Kansas when I was home one summer and they were a joke. At least with the MCAT we all get the same questions and you either know the info or you don't.

gustydoc said:
:thumbup: I couldn't agree more! I took a couple classes at a state University in Kansas when I was home one summer and they were a joke. At least with the MCAT we all get the same questions and you either know the info or you don't.

the MCAT is a reading comprehension test. the verbal section has passages to read and comprehend, all the science sections also have passages to read and comprehend.

there are very few random multiple guess questions on the MCAT only a few in each of the science sections.

so how can you say that you either know the info or you don't.

I think you could say either you know how to read and comprehend and think or you don't, but knowing the info is not the game of that test.

krabmas said:
the MCAT is a reading comprehension test. the verbal section has passages to read and comprehend, all the science sections also have passages to read and comprehend.

there are very few random multiple guess questions on the MCAT only a few in each of the science sections.

so how can you say that you either know the info or you don't.

I think you could say either you know how to read and comprehend and think or you don't, but knowing the info is not the game of that test.
Hi krab :p
Yes well, the MCAT really tests "timed" comprehension. If you can read -- but NOT fast enough -- you can run out of time and post a poor score despite being smart as heck. But also the MCAT does bring in some outside knowledge, albeit it not as much as really reading the passages and deducing the answers. Ok, sounds like a Kaplan or Princeton Review course, huh? :laugh: