Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

What would this do to your changes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jaymon10, Mar 12, 2007.

1. jaymon10

Pre-Medical
    I am in my second chemistry and my grade is currently an F....slacked off for the first few weeks. It would not be difficult to pull it up to a D and possibly a C. Would it look worse to receive a D or C in this class or receive a W (considering I would make an A if I retook the class)?

Thanks

2. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It's a no-brainer, take the W. It isn't ideal, but will be better than a bad grade, and it won't get calculated into your GPA by AMCAS. Stop slacking off; take your academics seriously, because the adcoms most certainly do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kfire326

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    ouch. that's a tough one...not sure, but i guess the W is better. I guess it'd help to really learn the material now, so that studying for the MCAT will be easier.

4. Sondra

Sondra UMC 2010
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I agree - take the withdraw.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pyrois

2+ Year Member

Take the W. Adcoms will see it and assume you had a C or a D in the class when you dropped, but at least they'll know you had the good sense to take the class again so you can learn the material properly.

I don't want to be too hard on you (or anybody else), but it's not as if being pre-med sprung up on you. If you want to make it, don't mess around.

6. NN11

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Like everyone said, take the W

7. Yehosh

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had one W on my transcripts for a bio course (didn't drop it because i had a bad grade but for personal reasons). I retook the course and got an A+.

So my advice is, take the W, retake the course and make sure you smoke it for an A or higher.

8. GoLAClippers

GoLAClippers Membership Revoked
    Removed

I think you need to fix your title!