What would this do to your changes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaymon10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in my second chemistry and my grade is currently an F....slacked off for the first few weeks. It would not be difficult to pull it up to a D and possibly a C. Would it look worse to receive a D or C in this class or receive a W (considering I would make an A if I retook the class)?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am in my second chemistry and my grade is currently an F....slacked off for the first few weeks. It would not be difficult to pull it up to a D and possibly a C. Would it look worse to receive a D or C in this class or receive a W (considering I would make an A if I retook the class)?

Thanks

It's a no-brainer, take the W. It isn't ideal, but will be better than a bad grade, and it won't get calculated into your GPA by AMCAS. Stop slacking off; take your academics seriously, because the adcoms most certainly do.

Thanks

ouch. that's a tough one...not sure, but i guess the W is better. I guess it'd help to really learn the material now, so that studying for the MCAT will be easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree - take the withdraw.

Take the W. Adcoms will see it and assume you had a C or a D in the class when you dropped, but at least they'll know you had the good sense to take the class again so you can learn the material properly.

I don't want to be too hard on you (or anybody else), but it's not as if being pre-med sprung up on you. If you want to make it, don't mess around.

Like everyone said, take the W

I had one W on my transcripts for a bio course (didn't drop it because i had a bad grade but for personal reasons). I retook the course and got an A+.

So my advice is, take the W, retake the course and make sure you smoke it for an A or higher.

Thanks

I think you need to fix your title!